Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Where to buy Prusa i3 Lowcost

Posted by allibgbg 
Where to buy Prusa i3 Lowcost
November 05, 2015 01:58PM
Hello, I m from Belgium, Europe, and I want to purchase a prusa i3 kit for under 350$
I find these prices only on Ebay, Aliexpress and the (apparently badly known) 3dprintersonlinestore.com

Does someone
know other places ?
have good experience with ebay or aliexpress ?

Please help me not to loose my money.

As I need a minimum of 250*180*180 print size, any helper/guide/manager/angel in self sourcing for this price in eu would also be very welcome.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2015 02:01PM by allibgbg.
Re: Where to buy Prusa i3 Lowcost
November 06, 2015 07:13AM
250 tall ?
November 06, 2015 08:11AM
Now that she's up and running, I really am liking my Folgertech Prusa v3....and the customer service is pretty good..
November 06, 2015 02:08PM
I'm also from Belgium, just completed my prusa I3 for +- 370 euro. However, it did take some time to search all the pieces together on ali express, ebay and amazon. Also some risk of forgetting small things, order wrong sized frame or stuff. I was lucky finding my steppers second hand (5 pieces for 30 euro).
Big catch here is i had no manual at all!! I've googled more in the last 3 weeks then the last years together... However, i've learned a lot.
My brother buyed an all in pack for 500 euro, without heatbed. My price included a heatbed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/06/2015 02:09PM by Nicken83.
November 06, 2015 02:26PM
Flyer
Now that she's up and running, I really am liking my Folgertech Prusa v3....and the customer service is pretty good..

I also have been very happy with my Folger Tech 2020, which has been running flawlessly 6-8 hours a day for 3 months now! The print size, however, is not as large as our Belgium visitor has asked for. That's BIG!!!
November 06, 2015 06:48PM
allibgbg
Hello, I m from Belgium, Europe, and I want to purchase a prusa i3 kit for under 350$
I find these prices only on Ebay, Aliexpress and the (apparently badly known) 3dprintersonlinestore.com

Does someone
know other places ?
have good experience with ebay or aliexpress ?

Please help me not to loose my money.

As I need a minimum of 250*180*180 print size, any helper/guide/manager/angel in self sourcing for this price in eu would also be very welcome.

replikeo.com

I got the dual extruder version for US $299 and my build volume is 185 x 165 x 170...
November 07, 2015 04:30PM
Hi guys,

There's no perfect kit. Most of the time cheap kits are the worst of all.
Be aware that cheap kits can be real nightmares to manage,
not only during calibration, but from day to day.
You will probably spend much money in necessary upgrades
than to get the proper thing at the start.

Actualy, you can find better Delta kits than Prusa I3 ones at low cost.

IMHO the best way to get a good printer at low cost, is to source good components by yourself, folowing a BOM.
Here's a list of BOM from the French IRC channel. You can trust each build. winking smiley

++JM
November 08, 2015 09:46PM
Hmm, thank you all.
Yeah now they are giving more.. dual extruders.
At 300$ ...
Is it working good Qdeathstar?

Qdeathstar

replikeo.com

I got the dual extruder version for US $299 and my build volume is 185 x 165 x 170...

and in another topic I asked about a modification like this :

Can I do this ?

Can I add a second 20*20 heating bed pcb like this one : [reprapworld.com] on the i3x ? is there enough powersupplied and a free connector for it ?

Fit longer steel rods like these :
[www.conrad.be]
[www.conrad.be]
(etc..)
and a longer timing belt

Seems that it wouldn t cost that much as a next step upgrade..

I m checking the google docs, thanks also for this

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/08/2015 09:47PM by allibgbg.
November 09, 2015 04:59PM
Yes. It works good. I wouldn't add something to a bargain printer, you are putting stress on A bargain printer.

As far as it will work, I think you might have problems with whiplash because the belt will be so much longer.

I have a 24v heatbed, and I power that separately, with a relay... Don't expect to hook it up directly to ramps like that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2015 05:01PM by Qdeathstar.
November 09, 2015 06:57PM
Yeah ok.. sad but I thought it was a dream haha. What have you chosen to build that external power relay ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login