Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

P802M Prusa i3 Unofficial Support Thread

Posted by gwc2795 
Re: P802M Prusa i3 Unofficial Support Thread
December 29, 2015 08:49AM
I bought the same type 6 weeks ago from Zonestar. I had ordered the printer with autobed leveling. But the delivered the printer without that. So I had to change the firmware
and connect the sensor, which the the guys delivered with some other missing parts 3 weeks later. I was not exited about the quality of this kit...But now I have all the features working.
If you want, I will send you the right firmware with ABL for a Melzi board by mail, I think you have it too. The sensor is a simple induktive sensor that you have to connect instead the z-endstop.with a voltage divider.
I think you can buy the original sensor from Zonestar what have an built in voltage divider if you send them a mail. I have used this email adresses '[email protected]' or '[email protected]'

Kindly regards
Bernd
December 29, 2015 02:46PM
I have finished building my p802m, but the lcd is not working. When I connect the powercable, the screen just blinks for a couple of seconds. It also blinks if I press the reset button or connect the printer via usb. I have checked that all the other components are working in Repetier, and the voltage from the powersupply is 14V. I'm also sure that I have connected it the same way as in the instructions. Here is a gif of the blinking: [gfycat.com]
December 30, 2015 01:29AM
Are you sure, having the right and correct installed firmware on the board ?

Kindly regards
Bernd
December 30, 2015 02:01AM
Robkadett [ PM ]
December 03, 2015 06:51AM Registered: 26 days ago
Hi members!
Im happy to find this forum, i have too this printer.
under assembling. (in 2nd day i have it smiling smiley )
but i have a problem now, in first steps.
My idler mount (x-axis pulley mount) is wrong, i think.
i think the bearing is not good position, it is not paralell and its not front of each other (cant meet the holes/isnt opposite = rotated )
if i assemble it to the motor and slider rod to the hole.
When they in right place (in hole and in motor) they are thight and can not rotate/move all of them.
how can i solve it? becouse if i disassemble the bears i cant assemble it again never.

Hi Robkadett, I had the same problem with a Zonestar kit. The slider bearing was really skew. If you have another one, take it.

Kindly regards
Bernd
December 30, 2015 05:39AM
bmark25116
I bought the same type 6 weeks ago from Zonestar. I had ordered the printer with autobed leveling. But the delivered the printer without that. So I had to change the firmware
and connect the sensor, which the the guys delivered with some other missing parts 3 weeks later. I was not exited about the quality of this kit...But now I have all the features working.
If you want, I will send you the right firmware with ABL for a Melzi board by mail, I think you have it too. The sensor is a simple induktive sensor that you have to connect instead the z-endstop.with a voltage divider.
I think you can buy the original sensor from Zonestar what have an built in voltage divider if you send them a mail. I have used this email adresses '[email protected]' or '[email protected]'

Kindly regards
Bernd
Thanks! That would be really nice. Which part should I print to attach the sensor to my printer?

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2015 07:51AM by woutwoot.
December 30, 2015 05:40AM
Robkadett
Loosen the screws holding the linear bearings to the extruder mount. Move the extruder mount by hand until the bearings run smoothly. Snug the linear bearing screws one at a time, move the extruder left and right after you snug each of the screws. Do a final check to make sure the extruder moves smoothly and then tighten the 12 screws. If you have a Y axis problem do the same for the bearings on the Y axis.
There is built in slop in the holes drilled to hold the linerar bearings so they can be adjusted.
December 31, 2015 02:06AM
bmark25116

Kindly regards
Bernd
Thanks! That would be really nice. Which part should I print to attach the sensor to my printer?
You can mail it to me at this email:

Hi woutwood, please check your mail.

Kindly regards
Bernd
December 31, 2015 07:52AM
Thanks! I will try those.
December 31, 2015 10:23AM
do not worry about it just i have it 1 cm to reach the hool it works fine currently i am printing some beuteful parts i put 0.2 nosal and printing 0.05 layer no problem
December 31, 2015 10:25AM
Hi members,
I have some questions for the ABL.
Do I have to connect the sensor instead the z-endstop and then completely eliminate the z-endstop?
What happens when I do a "Home All"?
Can not be used both z-endstop (for Z home) and the inductive sensor (for ABL)?

Kindly regards
Enrico
December 31, 2015 12:40PM
Hi Ejux, if you have installed the ABL sensor there is no need for the z endstop. But it is urgent to activate the Z-safe homing in the firmware when using the ABL. It secures that the printer only made the z-homing when the sensor is overhead the bed.

Bernd
December 31, 2015 12:48PM
Hi Bernd,
thank you for your answer, now is all more clear.

Regards.
Enrico

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2015 12:48PM by ejux.
December 31, 2015 06:35PM
LJ12A3-4-Z/BY i wanted to try this sensor for autoleveling but i tried it from powersuply 12v 30amps and it worked few second and then probably burned down i do not understand what is the diference betwen powersuply and fan output from melzi v3b cos when i conect fan from powersuply or from melzi there is no diference
December 31, 2015 07:22PM
http://www.3d-proto.de/index.php?p=tips_autobed%23autobed

Please check this link, you have to use it with the voltage divider and keep the right polarity and connect the sensor t instead of the z-endstop on the Melziboard.

Regards
Bernd
January 01, 2016 01:14AM
Happy new year!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2016 01:19AM by Bobyni.
January 01, 2016 01:16AM
gwc2795
Bobyni
you wanna check this out!!
[www.thingiverse.com]

Bonyni can I post this link on the google drive for the P802M?

This one is not mine!
So I really don't know.
But would like to think it is an open source , right!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/01/2016 01:18AM by Bobyni.
January 01, 2016 01:34AM
Happy new year to all of you !

Bernd
January 01, 2016 08:43AM
Bobyni
I posted the Thingiverse link.
January 02, 2016 09:27AM
I have been able to print without the lcd screen. My firmware is repetier 0.91. Is a lcd screen really necessary if the printer is plugged to the computer? And would it be possible to test if it's the screen/cable or the board that is not working by connecting the screen to an Arduino Uno?
January 02, 2016 05:05PM
Robkadett
My idler mount (x-axis pulley mount) is wrong, i think.
Hi,
I have the same problem. It's cause by the bad printed idler mount, that is uneven in the top plane.
I sanded a bit the top surface and then mounted tightening only the 2 opposite screws and leaving the 3rd one loose. In this way the leadscrew can be parallel to the guide.
It worked smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2016 05:10PM by andberg.
January 02, 2016 11:35PM
Brenne [ PM ]
January 02, 2016 06:27AM Registered: 4 days ago
I have been able to print without the lcd screen. My firmware is repetier 0.91. Is a lcd screen really necessary if the printer is plugged to the computer? And would it be possible to test if it's the screen/cable or the board that is not working by connecting the screen to an Arduino Uno?

Of course I think. open the Arduino IDE , then go to File/ Examples/ Liquid crystal/ Display
There is a example how to connect and operate a LCD. And check the link there please.
You don`t need the LCD to operate your printer when the computer is connected, because you can control it with the
host software (repetier e.g.). But the LCD is useful by printing from Sd card.

Bernd
January 03, 2016 03:59PM
I just finish to mount the kit, mechanics are ok, software ok, all motors works fine, temperture is ok, but i have bit trouble with extruder: "the filament do not get into" it stop before the heated part and don't print anything.... Any ideas?
January 04, 2016 05:40AM
The problem could is the spring of the extruder you must push the lever form the extruder and insert the filament. Then use the menu to heat extruder and to "feed", If you cant push the lever, you must to disarm the spring of the extruder, i had the same problem, My problem now is that when i Print I quit the screw from then spring the printed figure is "very light" and with the srew at then middle of the print then filament stop.
January 04, 2016 07:42AM
javier.rodriguez
The problem could is the spring of the extruder you must push the lever form the extruder and insert the filament. Then use the menu to heat extruder and to "feed", If you cant push the lever, you must to disarm the spring of the extruder, i had the same problem, My problem now is that when i Print I quit the screw from then spring the printed figure is "very light" and with the srew at then middle of the print then filament stop.

thanks, i miss to push the lever..thanks! now i have 1 question e 1 problem

question: how to clean the extruder? i'd like to remove the filament when the printer is off; how can i do? i cut and extrude until finish?

problem: z axis alignement; i think it's correct but the sampleis not printed well; i make the first delimiter square then the second pass remove the placed one and create a plastic blob smiling smiley
January 04, 2016 10:18AM
Thank you and the others answer too.
All advices was great. i solved.

I solved, I only the 2 opposite screws and leaving the 3rd one loose.

Thanks for everyone!!!

and happy new 3dpint year for everyone!!

smiling smiley
January 04, 2016 10:29AM
i think i lost the auto leveling thread.

I know its big work and lot of time.

but somebody can detailed summarize the all update project?
(i have P802M with melzi, 0.91)
forexample:
-good firmware
-wireing exaclty
-auto level senzor aliexpress link which want to buy
-sensor holder thingiverse or something link?

i know its huge request, but becouse of my bad english i cant summarize all for me sad smiley

Im sorry

if i'm shameless, you can take it irrelevant smiling smiley
January 04, 2016 04:45PM
I really have trouble to print something with my P802M; the filament do not attach well so just at the second pass a part of the printed PLA goes away attacched to the nozzle.. any suggestions?
January 04, 2016 05:29PM
Anyone use a mac client to control the printer? with repetier i can connect but i can't send command

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2016 05:30PM by glimpse79.
January 04, 2016 07:28PM
glimpse79
I really have trouble to print something with my P802M; the filament do not attach well so just at the second pass a part of the printed PLA goes away attacched to the nozzle.. any suggestions?
You have to get the first layer perfect. Without the first layer right, nothing else matters.

perfecting-first-layer-tips-and-tricks
perfecting-the-first-layer

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/04/2016 07:32PM by rtideas.
January 05, 2016 12:23AM
Hi All,

My P802M printer with the firmware 1.5, repetier 0.91, prints in mirror, I notice this when I try to prints something asymetrical. Can this be configured in the repertier host, or it needs to be change in the firmware?

I read that you need to inverse the Y axis direction, I try to download the source code and compile it in arduino IDE, always an error, not completing the upload.

I hope you can help me.

Thank you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login