Prusa i3 - Filament jams, reverses during some prints
November 27, 2015 05:41AM
Hello,

I noticed today that sometimes when I print things my printer doesn't feed the extruder with filament, instead it pushes it out. What can be wrong?

Printer: Hesine Prusa i3, I used Slic3r to convert STL to g-code, then Proterface. The printer extrudes correctly when pressed "extrude".

EDIT: When printing a test cube everything works fine. Can these g-codes be faulty? Or can I somehow find a line in the code which is responsible for this?

EDIT2: I noticed that no matter how short the lenght of retraction is set, it always pulls too much. I set it from 2mm to 1mm, then 0.1, 0.01... it still retracts the same, which is too much.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/27/2015 07:23AM by Diabl0.
Re: Prusa i3 - Filament jams, reverses during some prints
November 27, 2015 01:17PM
Maybe the motor current is set too high, it can sometimes shake or reverse. Also try lowering extruder and retraction acceleration.

--
Kind regards
Imqqmi

NFAN CoreXY printer:
[reprap.org]
November 27, 2015 01:44PM
Unfortunately I'll have to wait until monday to check if this helps, but thanks for the tip. smiling smiley
November 29, 2015 12:48AM
I have slic3r and marlin and SD card, and sometimes my extruder would start off in reverse. Solution was to reset the controller board before every print.
November 29, 2015 05:36AM
But as I said, the extruder only retracts when it's supposed to, to prevent the fiament from leaking out. The problem is that it retracts too much and the motor loses grip on the filament.
I've discovered "the source" of the problem, but I have no idea how to fix it, because slicer seems to not care about the number of milimeters I set in the retraction settings.

EDIT: I found out that lowering the speed of retraction to 7 mm/s, setting retraction to 1 mm and adding some compensation before extruding almost completely solved the problem of losing grip on the filament. The problem still occurs sometimes but is not as destructive as it was before.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 11/29/2015 07:04PM by Diabl0.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login