Anyone successfully upgrade the X-axis to v-slot?
November 27, 2015 02:01PM
I would love to upgrade my X-axis from the current linear bearing setup to a belt and v-slot w/ gantry setup. Does anyone have files for the XZ attachments (the ones with the nuts that actually move the carriage up and down when the Z motors turn) and an extruder carriage that work with the X axis being V-slot rails/gantries instead of the 2 smooth rods? I would love to make my X axis work better. As things currently stand it grinds like a college girl after 9 vodka tonics....

Would be willing to pay if these designs work and make this printer more useable. I already have in mind how i can repurpose the kit's aluminum plate to make the Y-carriage be V-slot/gantry but I can't think of a way to do it for the X axis without designing parts, something I'm none too good at yet.
Re: Anyone successfully upgrade the X-axis to v-slot?
November 28, 2015 05:17AM
If you want to use aluminum extrusions, why not go "all the way" ( to stay in the college girl picture ) and build a frame from extrusions?

This part needs attention before you try to stiffen anything else. winking smiley
-Olaf
Re: Anyone successfully upgrade the X-axis to v-slot?
November 30, 2015 04:21PM
Take a look on the Folger 2020 thread for posts by sonnylowe. They are doing some great work with v-slot rebuilds.

See my blog at [moosteria.blogspot.com].
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login