Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

heatbed and ABS and ahesive

Posted by Blisk 
heatbed and ABS and ahesive
December 22, 2015 02:21PM
I have alot of problems with printing ABS everytime printing parts starts to bend, because it unstick from heatbed.
I tried with paper glue also with acetone and ABS mixed, but still it doesn't help, parts are still unstick and bend.
heatbed is 100 oC and ABS printing is 230 oC.
Re: heatbed and ABS and ahesive
December 22, 2015 10:57PM
Diluted elmers applied with a brush works good when I have an issue leveling the bed and getting the nozzle closer fixes it. Are you using a brim? I always use a brim too.

Newbie with Folgertech 2020 i3.
December 23, 2015 02:09AM
msaeger
Diluted elmers applied with a brush works good when I have an issue leveling the bed and getting the nozzle closer fixes it. Are you using a brim? I always use a brim too.

Sorry don't know what you mean.
Diluted elmers is that a elmer glue which is mixed with water?
Also don't know what is brim?

What temperature do you use for heatbed and extruder?
December 24, 2015 02:48PM
I use blue painters tape ontop of my glass bed heated to 90C with a bit of high strength hair spray on top of the tape. Haven't had any abs parts come off doing this since I started with this method.
December 24, 2015 03:17PM
can you give a link fo a tape?
December 24, 2015 10:33PM
Blisk
msaeger

Sorry don't know what you mean.
Diluted elmers is that a elmer glue which is mixed with water?
Also don't know what is brim?

What temperature do you use for heatbed and extruder?

Yep just white elmers with a few drops of water. I am using about the same temps as you. Here is an example of a brim. Its just adding more surface area to the first layer then when the print is done you just peel it off.

[manual.slic3r.org]

December 25, 2015 03:24AM
OK thank you I will try
January 07, 2016 07:33AM
Ok I tried with glue and a brim it is alot better but latelly I have a problem with printing I get this and don't know what is wrong.

January 09, 2016 05:04AM
I have tried lots of different things with abs and the bed.

Kapton tape (polyamide) is by far the winner - clean it with acetone before the print, and if the model is large I use an abs/ acetone solution on the kapton tape, but normally end up ripping the tape to get it off. Other methods worked for small models but as they get larger and the stress increases they failed for me.

Your print looks like your previous layers are not firm enough to print the next layer, this can happen with small models. Possible solutions are I am aware of

Cooling fan on model
Slower print
Do multiple objects at same time
January 15, 2016 12:11PM
Looks kinda like the layers aren't close enough.

I'd say make sure that your layer height is set right in your slicing program. Eg, not equal to your nozzle size, you want it 80% or less. Say if your nozzle is a .4 for example, 80% of that would be .32. I'd just go with .30

I'd also make sure that your Z axis is moving as much as it thinks. I'd move your nozzle to within 1-2mm of the bed. Place a piece of tape right under one of the X ends. Then move the Z axis up say 30 mm with whatever software you're using. Then use calipers to measure the distance from where you put the tape to the bottom of the X end. If the software and your actual measured distance are close, that shouldn't be the issue. If they're off, it's probably the Z steps per mm.
January 17, 2016 12:04AM
My guess is you need to get the bed closer to the nozzle.

January 17, 2016 04:28AM
Thank you all for advices I have manage to solve that but now I have even more bad problem.
I cleanned nozzle, make more space between nozzle and heatbed, etc.
But no luck
Attachments:
open | download - bad.jpg (54.1 KB)
January 23, 2016 07:12AM
Im a newbie.. but you need less space between nozzle and bed. and also bed must up to atleast 100 c and increase extruder temp with 5 c each test print.. until happy
January 23, 2016 08:29AM
thank you.
I tried that but I have bad luck with filament, because filament is bad and also extruder is broken PTFE have burned out so I need to change that part with ptfe
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login