Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

bad print (4)

Posted by rui.o.pereira 
bad print (4)
January 08, 2016 12:48PM
Hi there,

I need help. (Please..) confused smiley

I want to print a "four" (4) , (like in the cura.png) but comes out something like this: (4.jpg) .

(seems like the layers don't stay aligned)

I new to this.

Does anybody can give a heads up?

(Is there any setting, that i need to change in Cura? )

Th prusa i3 hephestos is using marlin v1.3.1.

I already change the hot End.

I also leveled the plate.

I tryed to print by USB (with PC) and also saving the Gcode to an SD card.

I'm outta ideas... sad smiley

Regards, and thank's in advance.
Rui Pereira

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2016 12:53PM by rui.o.pereira.
Attachments:
open | download - cura.png (113.4 KB)
open | download - bad_4.jpg (185.9 KB)
Re: bad print (4)
January 08, 2016 03:00PM
Hello,

This has nothing to do with Cura. The y-motor is missing steps.
Lower the speed in marlin.

Here is an example:

#define DEFAULT_AXIS_STEPS_PER_UNIT {80.00,80.00,3200/0.8,400} // default steps per unit for Ultimaker
#define DEFAULT_MAX_FEEDRATE {200, 200, 2, 45} // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION {9000,9000,100,10000} // X, Y, Z, E maximum start speed for accelerated moves. E default values are good for skeinforge 40+, for older versions raise them a lot.

#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION 3000 // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for printing moves
#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION 3000 // X, Y, Z and E max acceleration in mm/s^2 for retracts

// Offset of the extruders (uncomment if using more than one and relying on firmware to position when changing).
// The offset has to be X=0, Y=0 for the extruder 0 hotend (default extruder).
// For the other hotends it is their distance from the extruder 0 hotend.
// #define EXTRUDER_OFFSET_X {0.0, 20.00} // (in mm) for each extruder, offset of the hotend on the X axis
// #define EXTRUDER_OFFSET_Y {0.0, 5.00} // (in mm) for each extruder, offset of the hotend on the Y axis

// The speed change that does not require acceleration (i.e. the software might assume it can be done instantaneously)
#define DEFAULT_XYJERK 5.0 // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_ZJERK 0.4 // (mm/sec)
#define DEFAULT_EJERK 5.0 // (mm/sec)
January 08, 2016 10:30PM
Try increasing your step stick current by turning the little flat screw there, but do be careful on turning them as it is quite sensitive even if it's just 1 degree turn would mean about 100mV value difference, then check your step stick and motor's temperature by touching them, let it run at max of warm temperature
January 09, 2016 02:45AM
Had the same happen on my printer, turned out that I did not have the y axis pulls tightened enough and the pulley was slipping on the stepper shaft.

Mark the shaft and the pulley with a marker pen and see if the pulley is slipping.
January 12, 2016 06:12PM
ok, guys,

I'm gonna try this, because i didn't change nothing in the marlin...and a couple of month ago , it was printing just fine..Maybe it has some slack...i guess,

It's a BQ prusa i3 hephestos.

Thank's very much. for the heads up.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2016 04:24AM by rui.o.pereira.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login