Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Thermoresistor Not recognized.

Posted by dlvandewiele 
Thermoresistor Not recognized.
January 23, 2016 11:58AM
Hello, I am new to 3D Printers and just built an i3 kit from eBay. After wiring everything together I realized that the pinout of one of the Z-axis motors was wrong so i fixed that. Upon completion i get an error code of M999 ib repeater. The motors will home, but I have no other control, I believe it has to do with the thermoresistors. The bed temp shows up. But the extruder temp is always at 363 C even when its unplugged. Could there be a short somewhere in the system?
Re: Thermoresistor Not recognized.
January 23, 2016 10:03PM
Try plugging the bed thermistor into extruder position and the extruder into the bed plug and see if 363 moves down to bed temp if so your extruder thermistor is either bad or you may have pulled one of the thermistor wires apart during assembly in which case solder them together again. Regardless of bad sensors you should be able to do a dry run on X Y and Z without any filament. The M999 code is not listed in the standard G or M codes that I have perhaps someone can enlighten us

rwt
Re: Thermoresistor Not recognized.
January 25, 2016 12:08AM
Turned out to be a faulty thermoresistor, we soldered it back together and now it works great. Problem solved thumbs up
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login