Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

P3 Steel in USA ?

Posted by Slackdaddy 
P3 Steel in USA ?
January 23, 2016 03:43PM
I am planning to build a P3 STEEL and I am in the USA.
From What I can see the P3 Steel kits are only coming out of Spain?

As this is my 1st build, I wanted to go the kit route, but I am having issues just getting info.

I have not had any response from 2 manufactures I emailed (2 days), not sure if the support would be there if I bought from them.

I wanted a 100% rock solid extruder/head for 1.75 ABS, PLA etc. I don't mind building the frame and other parts, but I want a proven (Metal?) extruder and don't mind pay for it.
I was thinking Bulldog XL or [www.ebay.co.uk] .
Any thoughts on the extruder?

Is there any reason these are not popular in The USA ? looks like a rock solid design.

Thanks,
Nick
Re: P3 Steel in USA ?
January 24, 2016 09:02AM
So looks like I will have to order a P3STEEL form out of the USA,
What is the best P3Steel KIT ? I am not shopping price, I want a complete kit with good components AND Support.

Thanks,Nick
January 24, 2016 10:57AM
Don't know if this is 'the best', but i like this one:
[createc3d.com]
January 24, 2016 04:25PM
Makerfront is in the US. Don't have one so I can't say what it's quality is.

[www.makerfront.com]
January 24, 2016 09:06PM
If you want a steel printer simply get an acrylic kit and take all the plastic parts to a laser cutting machine shop and have the parts made in steel,stainless aluminum whatever the only real part I can see I would change on mine is the Y axis bed,bearing mounting plate and the x,z bearing blocks. The frame seems ok. I am using an MK8 extruder and satisfied once I siliconed the thermistor in the block the heating is more stable and prints are good with PLA.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login