Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BLTouch and Our Wikia

Posted by tjnamtiw 
BLTouch and Our Wikia
January 23, 2016 03:49PM
In preparation for my installation of the BLTouch probe for ABL, I moved the X end stop, made the appropriate changes, and tested to be sure everything was OK. Now I loaded Marlin's 1.1.0 RC2 and changed what needed to be changed but upon homing, X and Y both went correctly and Z went toward home but both Z steppers went nuts making racket, which I assumed was skipping steps. I saw in config.h "#define HOMING_FEEDRATE {50*60, 50*60, 4*60, 0} // set the homing speeds (mm/min)". In therippa's version and my old version, the Z feedrate was set at 50, no 240, so I changed that to 50 and all was good. Before making that change, however, even if I RAISED the Z axis, it made that racket. I'm not sure if there is somewhere else that sets Z axis speed very high.

In any event, in the new Wikia, where BLTouch is addressed a comment is made that BLTouch doesn't like to move slowly between probes and you may have to put the Z feedrate at 4*60 (240). I don't think that's going to work without some other workaround, if indeed, you need that much speed. I did raise my Z driver voltage from .240 to .350 with no change. I didn't go any higher.

Any suggestions from those who are using BLTouch??

Folger Tech 2020 i3 and FT-5 as well as modified JGAurora A5 with direct drive E3D/Titan. All running the BLTOUCH.
Great kits. Having fun and running the heck out of them.
Running Marlin 1.1.0 RC8 on the i3 and FT5. Custom firmware on A5.
Folger Tech Wiki board >[folgertech.wikia.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login