Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Heatbed broken?

Posted by Anna & Karl 
Heatbed broken?
February 04, 2016 05:37PM
The heatbed of our new printer does not get hot.

When I activate the heatbed over Repetier Host I have 12V on the board where the heatbed cables are fixed. The heatbed LED on the board lights up with a solid light.The thermistor works, as it measures the room temperature correctly.

Measuring the resistance of the heatbed ( measuring on the cables) gives 330 Ohm - isn't that too much? Is it time to order a new one or am I measuring wrong or need to check other options first?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards,
Anna
Re: Heatbed broken?
February 04, 2016 06:34PM
It should be about 1.1 ohm for a standard PCB heated bed
February 05, 2016 07:33AM
Do you get any heat?.3.3ohms I see on the web is a value for 24V operation. If you have this then supply 12V you will get half power, about 40watts.
If this is what is happening you can check the board is capable of 12v then resolder the wires to the board for 12v operation.
February 06, 2016 04:40PM
No heat at all - the board stays completely cold. Everything came already assembled and sealed in orange, rubbery stuff, so I am a little reluctant in cutting it open to check the solderings in there. And it is really 330 Ohm, not 3.3 Ohm.
February 08, 2016 07:29AM
If its 330ohms then that is the problem. Bit odd that your read that number. Either return under warranty or take it apart.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login