Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

[question][help] Extruder stopped working

Posted by nerdmor 
[question][help] Extruder stopped working
February 17, 2016 10:25PM
Just joined The forum so I could ask this.

I am new at 3D printing. Built my Prusa from a kit and it was working wonderfully until today, when, mid-print, the extruder motor simply stopped working.
I have very little knowledge about electronics, but I did do the obvious and switched the X axis and the extruder plugs on the Arduino board. The extruder motor did run, so the motor isn't busted, nor are the communications.

How could I debug/fix this?

Thank you very much in advance!
Re: [question][help] Extruder stopped working
February 17, 2016 10:52PM
nerdmor

I am new at 3D printing. Built my Prusa from a kit and it was working wonderfully until today, when, mid-print, the extruder motor simply stopped working.
I have very little knowledge about electronics, but I did do the obvious and switched the X axis and the extruder plugs on the Arduino board. The extruder motor did run, so the motor isn't busted, nor are the communications.

Did the X motor work when connected to the extruder port? What exactly do you mean by not working? Is the motor running but nothing is coming out? does the motor not run at all? Are you heating up the hotend and doing a manual extrude?

Newbie with Folgertech 2020 i3.
February 17, 2016 11:27PM
msaeger
nerdmor

Did the X motor work when connected to the extruder port? What exactly do you mean by not working? Is the motor running but nothing is coming out? does the motor not run at all? Are you heating up the hotend and doing a manual extrude?

The motor is not running at all... It did run when connected to the X port (but then the X motor did not work).
I am heating the end and doing a manual extrude. But I also can't print.
February 18, 2016 07:56AM
So you plugged the X motor into the extruder socket and it didn't work? If so the problem is on the board and we need some one who knows about the board to help solve it.
February 18, 2016 10:18AM
Doesn't the firmware prevent activation of the extruder motor unless the hotend is at temperature?
February 18, 2016 04:57PM
I found it out with the help of a friend. It was a burnt driver. Thanks to everyone who answered
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login