Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Makerfarm i3v marlin firmware issue

Posted by Pizzman76 
Makerfarm i3v marlin firmware issue
February 28, 2016 12:18AM
I purchased a induction sensor and aluminum heat bed to setup auto bed leveling on my i3v. Once arriving to part where I needed to update my firmware to enable ABL, I noticed it was a old version which didn't have that feature available. After downloading the latest version of marlin firmware from the repository, updating the settings to best match my original settings with only the addition of enabling ABL feature, I ran into one more major issue.

Every time I upload the new firmware, it locks the board up rendering it useless until the original "makerfarm version" is uploaded again.

Has anyone ran into this problem? I attached the config in the hope some could point this newbie programmer in the right direction.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (40.3 KB)
Ax
Re: Makerfarm i3v marlin firmware issue
February 28, 2016 05:00AM
Pizzman76
I purchased a induction sensor and aluminum heat bed to setup auto bed leveling on my i3v. Once arriving to part where I needed to update my firmware to enable ABL, I noticed it was a old version which didn't have that feature available. After downloading the latest version of marlin firmware from the repository, updating the settings to best match my original settings with only the addition of enabling ABL feature, I ran into one more major issue.

Every time I upload the new firmware, it locks the board up rendering it useless until the original "makerfarm version" is uploaded again.

Has anyone ran into this problem? I attached the config in the hope some could point this newbie programmer in the right direction.

Edited after checking the printer. It's a RAMPS, so the right board, have you tried the reset button after uploading? Also you don't have Display support enabled, going by the pictures, uncomment the following:
//#define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER
And if you want SD Card support you need to uncomment
//#define SDSUPPORT

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2016 05:10AM by Ax.
February 28, 2016 03:46PM
Ax,
Thank you for the help. I'm now able to upload firmware.
Ax
February 28, 2016 05:11PM
Pizzman76
Ax,
Thank you for the help. I'm now able to upload firmware.
No worries smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login