Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prusa i3 Auto Bed Levelling Driving Me Mad!

Posted by synaptiX 
Prusa i3 Auto Bed Levelling Driving Me Mad!
April 14, 2016 04:34AM
Hi everyone,

So, I finally decided to put together (after major issues with filament extrusion, fingers crossed that's been fixed) my Prusa i3 again after some time in pieces, and for the last couple of days I've been stumped in getting the auto bed levelling to work.

Naturally I've done the following:
- Rewatching the requisite inductive sensor setup video by Thomas
- Setting the Z probe offset to 0
- Adjusting the sensor to within 1mm of the bed of when the nozzle barely touches the bed, (after performing G28 and G92 Z10, then manipulating the Z height)
- Obtaining the offset value (usually -0.8) and reflashing the firmware
- And then running G29.

This is all fine. The problem is when I make a print, as the nozzle is most definitely not at the correct height, but at least 1mm above the bed's surface.

What am I missing?
Re: Prusa i3 Auto Bed Levelling Driving Me Mad!
April 14, 2016 12:34PM
do you have a lcd you might have save your setti ngs t5o eeprom as that sometimes overides any other setting you've made in the firmware

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
April 14, 2016 06:23PM
Hi chris33,

Okay. I'm going to run M502 and then disable the EEPROM, and see if that makes any difference. I do have the smart controller, but have never adjusted settings through it.
Anonymous User
April 15, 2016 01:26PM
So, DON'T waste your time with it !

It is USELESS for a proper built cartesian machine. It hides problems, doesn't solve them, and worse often introduces new one as most are overcomplicated if not poorly designed.

Spend your time really improving your machine, easy in fact provided you apply the right solution/method.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2016 01:28PM by MKSA.
April 15, 2016 08:51PM
This is all I have ever needed on my i3. Allows for small micro adjustments.

Steve

My updated Instructable on our Prusa i3 Build
[www.instructables.com]
Attachments:
open | download - IMG_20160112_104205.jpg (115.7 KB)
April 17, 2016 05:34AM
Ok abl slows down your machine and sometimes it isn't a waste of time for some people, i had issues having bed fixed and tried on springs struggled to get anything stuck down constantly manually checking bed level everytime i went to print wasting time in that sense, but i would do anything first to make sure things are square first because it does slow your machine down, im going build a detatchable probe for my mini kossel only to use it to adjust my bed anytime i physically move my printer

Check my rubbish blog for my prusa i3

up and running
[3dimetech.blogspot.co.uk]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login