Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Help please - can't get good print quality after bed levelling

Posted by stevo1957 
Help please - can't get good print quality after bed levelling
April 17, 2016 07:43AM
Guys,

I have a Sunhokey 2015 I3 with a genuine E3D V6 hotend.

I used to have perfect print quality.

Recently, I installed the Aus3d IR Z probe and can now not get the quality right.

A friend has been helping me troubleshoot but I still can't work out what is wrong.

I am printing ABS @ 230C with bed 100C.

When I now print a small calibration cube, the rear side print quality is terrible. I have tried retract changes but can't get the quality back to how it was.

I have never used a job fan. I can't explain why 3 sides are perfect and 1 is not and think it must be coincidence that my problems only started after I installed the Z probe.

I also did PID tuning but that led to problems when the bed would take forever to heart so I have gone back to the previous PID settings.

I'm pulling my hair out with this. Has anyone got any ideas?

Next step will be to remove the probe and go back to a mechanical endstop for Z to see fi that makes any difference.

Picture attached which shows the issue.The layer change takes place at the back side.

As mentioned earlier, print quality used to be perfect. I have checked extruder e step and also played around with flow rate.

Any help appreciated.

Cheers,

Steve
Attachments:
open | download - 20160403_082940.jpg (476.7 KB)
Re: Help please - can't get good print quality after bed levelling
April 17, 2016 09:30AM
If the only thing you did was add the bed leveling I would think the issue is something to do with bed level or height.

Newbie with Folgertech 2020 i3.
April 17, 2016 10:59AM
Looks like overextrusion to me
April 17, 2016 11:26PM
manually check the bed height on the bad side it make be too close or too far compared to good edges
April 18, 2016 12:27AM
I think about a bad extrusion calibration and you print too hot
April 19, 2016 11:13AM
Also, don't ASSUME that the Z height is correct once you set it. Run anything, stop it after the skirt has printed and measure the height of the skirt. Is it 0.1 (zero set point) plus your layer height or is it higher. Often you have to fine tune the zero position.

Folger Tech 2020 i3 and FT-5 as well as modified JGAurora A5 with direct drive E3D/Titan. All running the BLTOUCH.
Great kits. Having fun and running the heck out of them.
Running Marlin 1.1.0 RC8 on the i3 and FT5. Custom firmware on A5.
Folger Tech Wiki board >[folgertech.wikia.com]
April 20, 2016 07:53AM
Any progress on this?
My printer does what looks like the exact same thing though it just happened between two printed, the first came out perfect, I removed it and ran the same print again and the back side of the print is all stringy and bubbly like in the image you showed- no change to the hardware setup. I've decreased the temperature to 175 (was originally 210), increased it to 230 and set the "flow %" dialogue to 90 in Cura. I also printed a ring type fan duct as the one I was using just below from the front of the printer towards the back but none of these steps have seemed to affect the issue.
After inspecting my nozzle with a jewler's loope, I found the apeture was slightly out of round, I changed it out for a spare I had on hand and have just finished printing a part free from the quality issues I had. Might be worth having a look at the nozzle on your machine.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/22/2016 05:49AM by blabberjack.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login