Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Geeetech Pi3 X2 Z-axis problem

Posted by Slayer234 
Geeetech Pi3 X2 Z-axis problem
May 14, 2016 07:29PM
Hi,
I'm new to 3D printing and I just built a Geeetech Prusa i3 Pro X2 dual extruder printer. The problem I'm having is that only one stepper on the Z-axis will run. If I switch leads, the other one will run,
so I'm sure that the steppers are ok. I tried a new driver board but the problem stays the same. Any help appreciated.
Re: Geeetech Pi3 X2 Z-axis problem
May 15, 2016 01:07PM
As far as I know both motors are controlled by the same stepper driver, you switched the controller board so we assume the new board does not have the same problem.
And you switched the motors so you think the motors are good. And still you having problems I only see one remaining thing and that you are overloading the stepper driver.

What if.... one of the motors it just a little bad and draws more current then the other motor? and combining them will result in a load the stepper driver can't handle?

I don't know your board but it will not differ much from a standard ramps I think. On the ramps board we have 2 x 4 pins in parallel controlled by one driver.

You could measure the 2 coils in your stepper motor, if you download the data sheet it will become clear what to measure.
Re: Geeetech Pi3 X2 Z-axis problem
May 20, 2016 11:59PM
there should be a wiring diagram to series connect the two steppers if you go to the RobotShop web site and find the Afinibot A3 printer and pick it there is an instruction pdf with this info for Melzi board how to connect 2 steppers one driver

rwt
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login