Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Tarantula with jerky feed

Posted by Joakim 
Tarantula with jerky feed
May 28, 2016 04:30PM
Hi all, first post and quite a newbie on 3D printing so please have patients with an old man used to mills and lathes winking smiley

Just bought me a Tevo Tarantula.. hit quite a few snags during build, bad manual etc but hey, at that price.
Anyway, seems to be running now BUT i have a problem getting it to feed enough.

Running with Repetier and Cura (Works a charm with my Fabrikator mini) but the Tarantula have this weird jerky action on the extruder stepper.
Feeds a bit then retracts with a harsh sound (very fast, almost like slapping a table).. video here Jerky feed

Parts i print do look OK but very flimsy and porous so i guess filament feed is too slow.

Any ideas? Is this retraction/clicking normal or is it a bug in firmware or slicer?

regards
/Joakim

Edit: Some pics too...
Fan guide.. see how transparent it is just below the bend:
Mounted on printer:

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/28/2016 04:56PM by Joakim.
Re: Tarantula with jerky feed
May 29, 2016 07:18AM
Ok, problem is sort of solved.
Reason was the stepper lost steps.
I upped the current for the extruder stepper almost to max and now it seems to work.

Not sure why, perhaps a bad motor? It feels OK when i turn it by hand so no obvious friction.

I will order a new stepper and see if it gets better, a little worried running it so hard due to heat/over current.

/Joakim
June 07, 2016 11:38AM
Hi Joakim,
Can you explain how did you upped the current?
I am experiencing the same issue..

Thanks!
July 09, 2016 03:22PM
Hello,

I have this issue as well. I googled and searched for steps on increasing the current to no avail. No one has a clear answer.

How can I do this? Please help!

Thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login