Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin Autolevel Issues

Posted by amishboy 
Marlin Autolevel Issues
May 30, 2016 10:25AM
I have had my printer up and running for a while now and recently installed a BLTouch sensor for autoleveling. The autolevelling process seems to work and i see the z axis slightly moving but it appears to not be correcting enough. Below is a picture of my firt layer where you can see that the right side looks good but the left is off. I have attached my configuration file also. Thanks in advance.

4BmtJPZl.jpg?1
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (45.5 KB)
Re: Marlin Autolevel Issues
May 30, 2016 02:01PM
I have a similar issue but I think is because my bed is a bit bent. Maybe you can try rising the #define AUTO_BED_LEVELING_GRID_POINTS 3 value to something extreme like 5 or more and check if the same happens.

My printers:
-Makerbot TOM (#5215, circa 2011), MK6 extruder, ABS 3 mm
-HICTOP Prusa i3 (modded for auto-level, thread screws), ABS/PLA 1.75 mm

About me:
[www.thingiverse.com]
June 01, 2016 08:28AM
How does it work?
Which software to control prusa from PC?

Using Cura, and there is not any control over the printer as i know, just send PRINT command...

BQ I3 prusa - PLA
June 02, 2016 04:58PM
From the LCD in the printer?

My printers:
-Makerbot TOM (#5215, circa 2011), MK6 extruder, ABS 3 mm
-HICTOP Prusa i3 (modded for auto-level, thread screws), ABS/PLA 1.75 mm

About me:
[www.thingiverse.com]
June 03, 2016 11:19AM
amishboy
I have had my printer up and running for a while now and recently installed a BLTouch sensor for autoleveling. The autolevelling process seems to work and i see the z axis slightly moving but it appears to not be correcting enough. Below is a picture of my firt layer where you can see that the right side looks good but the left is off. I have attached my configuration file also. Thanks in advance.

4BmtJPZl.jpg?1

Are you printing right on the heated bed? Many people on here and elsewhere have commented that the bed warps and twists as it heats up. I put a piece of glass on mine that I got from Amazon and clamped it down. The BLTOUCH or any ABL device will not be able to compensate for warpage over time. IMHO it's better to put a stiff flat bed on top of the heater.

[smile.amazon.com]

Folger Tech 2020 i3 and FT-5 as well as modified JGAurora A5 with direct drive E3D/Titan. All running the BLTOUCH.
Great kits. Having fun and running the heck out of them.
Running Marlin 1.1.0 RC8 on the i3 and FT5. Custom firmware on A5.
Folger Tech Wiki board >[folgertech.wikia.com]
June 04, 2016 07:28AM
tjnamtiw
amishboy

4BmtJPZl.jpg?1

Are you printing right on the heated bed? Many people on here and elsewhere have commented that the bed warps and twists as it heats up. I put a piece of glass on mine that I got from Amazon and clamped it down. The BLTOUCH or any ABL device will not be able to compensate for warpage over time. IMHO it's better to put a stiff flat bed on top of the heater.

[smile.amazon.com]

I am printing on glass that is held to the bed with binder clamps. Although it is just cheap picture frame glass. I get some borosilicate and see if that helps.
June 06, 2016 03:09PM
Did you set the probe offset in the firmware? if the offset is wrong and the bed not perfect leveled the plain may be also wrong.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login