Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ANET A8 printers

Posted by Ashrafau 
ANET A8 printers
June 13, 2016 06:37PM
Dears
I purchased 3D Printer DIY Print 9 Filament Acrylic Frame Reprap Prusa i3 Self-assembly and i downloaded the firmware (Repetier-Firmware-5keys.rar)

It has ANET V1.0 board

I installed the driver (CH340G_windows) i changed some values in configuration file and tried to compile and upload it to the printer using ARDUINO 1.6.5 and ARDUINO 1.0.1 since later versions give me compile errors, the setting was as following:

Board: Arduino Mega or Mega 2560, Atmega2560

Processor: Atmega2560 (Mega 2560)

port: the same port connected to the printer in my case (COM3).

programmer: AVRISP MKII

It compiles correctly but when its start to upload it gives the below error:

avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer

in ARDUINO 1.0.1 I can send G commands using serial monitor, but in later versions it always gives (resend:1 ok) and enter a loop.

Also I tried to upload the firmware hex file using repetier server but I got the same error.

I changed the USB cable to a shorter one (1.2M instead of 1.8M) but still gives the same error.

Can any one know how we can upload correctly
Re: ANET A8 printers
June 18, 2016 06:41AM
Same problem here.
Anet A8 Printer - Anet v 1.0 board.
Display shows white blocks.
I installed the USB Driver on a Win10 and Win7 machine... seems to work (no error message), but Repetier can not get a connection, so there must be something wrong.
As desperate attempt i tried to change the firmware with arduino and get the same "avrdude" message.

A friend of mine has ordered a Anet, too. It has also faulty mainbord. The hotend will not heat and the display shows the "def" message.

Sorry, to say...but it seems this charge of cheap printers, which are now flooding ebay are really "crap". I have a hesine, which is very similar, except it has a "real" (red) melzi board, and i am totally happy with it.

It seems i have to get a replacement mainboard.

matti
June 20, 2016 11:33AM
The Anet v1.0 board is not an Arduino Mega it is a Sanguinololo 1284P.

Robyn
June 20, 2016 05:40PM
Have a new Prusa anet a8 i3. Starts up and temp sensors read 24c on extruder and -51c on hotbed for just a second then they both read def. printer seems to be stuck in dry run mode and cannot be switched out. I've tripled check connections, checked voltages, and hit the reset button on board. Any ideas? Please help!
July 27, 2016 02:51PM
Hello,

I think something is wrong with my Anet A8. I built it up and everything but it has never been able to turn on. Is there some firmware we have to upload for it to turn on at all?

Thanks.
December 05, 2016 09:44AM
Check to be sure you have the heat going to proper end... I had heat bed and hot end mixed up and had similar issue.
December 06, 2016 08:47AM
Hi, I would suggest to download the Skynet3D v2.0 firmware from link. The link to the download is in the first post in Spanish, a Google drive link but not formatted to show up as a link. I don't know if I'm allowed to post the link by itself.

Anyway, the Skynet3D firmware comes with full installation instructions, is easy to install (the archive contains a standalone preconfigured Arduino IDE with settings for the board) and if you really want it also has the original firmware in the archive. I don't know if the Repetier firmware you linked is for a normal 2560+RAMPS or for the Anet v1.0 board but I suggest to use Skynet3D - it allows for example to set up autolevelling with either the Anet probe or any standard inductive probe.
December 06, 2016 08:50AM
faroutmm
Have a new Prusa anet a8 i3. Starts up and temp sensors read 24c on extruder and -51c on hotbed for just a second then they both read def. printer seems to be stuck in dry run mode and cannot be switched out. I've tripled check connections, checked voltages, and hit the reset button on board. Any ideas? Please help!

Did you measure the thermistor resistance with a multimeter? I think the hotbed thermistor is just a standard 100K thermistor so I'd measure it to ensure it isn't just a faulty thermistor you're chasing.
April 20, 2017 10:26AM
tried to update firmware to
a8 L have found no easy plain way of uploading firmware
i need help now i have all white blocks on screen i would guess i have no firmware now
tried everything i could think of
win 10
win 7
cura
avrdudess
xloader
skynet
everyone has the same problem no one has an easy solution

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2017 11:27AM by rtcbill.
April 20, 2017 06:10PM
Does it use a standard RAMPS?

rtcbill
tried to update firmware to
a8 L have found no easy plain way of uploading firmware
i need help now i have all white blocks on screen i would guess i have no firmware now
tried everything i could think of
win 10
win 7
cura
avrdudess
xloader
skynet
everyone has the same problem no one has an easy solution

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2017 06:10PM by SteveRoy.
April 23, 2017 12:35PM
Hi there everyone,

Well, add me to the list of not being able to flash to the Anet A8 RAMPS board. I keep getting the timeout message. I have tried the "push reset button" fix, I have modified the boards.txt to read "wiring". No go.

I have to believe that there has to be a solution and that many more people are having this issue, no?

I will keep checking back here to see if anyone can help us out.

Thanks!!
April 23, 2017 01:49PM
Hi Guys.
I had a lot of trouble setting printer out I had a ton of good advice from loads of people on here and they slowly sorted me out.
As for talking to the my board a Geeetech Mega 2560. It was the bawd rate. I changed it to 57600 and com port 5 and I was sorted.
Hope it works for you.
Bee69
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login