Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

temp sensor defect prusa i3

Posted by jotus 
temp sensor defect prusa i3
June 20, 2016 05:25PM
Hi

im just need to say that this is the first 3d printer im haveing, its this one: [www.aliexpress.com]

when i start it with pronterface its stands that heat bed temp sensor defect, if i put place on the "board" between extruder temp and heat bed its stands that extruder 0 : temp sensor defect, is something wrong with the board then ?

please help me, i really want to get my going now....
Re: temp sensor defect prusa i3
June 20, 2016 05:37PM
Same exact problem hopefully someone puts out an answer!
June 21, 2016 10:40AM
Damit, dont sounds good.. im going to search on the web but if u find the problem please say to me then how you did smiling smiley hope like u said that someone that knows the problem can help
June 21, 2016 03:26PM
What does a multi-meter across the thermistor pins read in ohms?
June 21, 2016 05:44PM
don't have one, but im gonna try fix one tomorrow.. i put it on the 3 pins that the cable going on on the board? i haven't get it to print a mm yet since i bought it :/ dam things.. im gonna se if i can test it tomorrow..

do you now what firmware it is on that printer ? and do i need to install a firmware or is it one preinstalled already ?

thanks for answer!

best regards
June 22, 2016 02:20AM
You really do need a multi-meter to check the voltage to the RAMPS (or similar) board, check the voltages from the board, set the voltages on the drivers and check things like thermistors, motor wiring pairs and end-stop switches.
June 22, 2016 09:30AM
Im gonna fix one smiling smiley but i think i found the problem.. the temp sensor on the heating bed was cut in the middle somehow.. i looked under the heating bed and saw that is was off :/

sorry my english isent that good.. so maybe that is the answer..

Can you help me to find a multi-meter ? a good one ?

best regards.
June 23, 2016 08:39AM
Hi

i have checkt now with multi-meter, i dont really understand multi-meter but i had on "ohm 2000k " and it stod "0.6" i think ? i can have on 2000k and 200k, 20k, 2000, 200, does it matter what i have it on ?

best regards
June 23, 2016 02:23PM
Hey guys who having the exact same problem as me! i have fixed it, i leave my heating bed to a friend that are very good at things and he saw the problem was that is was the temp sensor that missing a part.. so i bought a " NCT-100k" thermistor today and now the temp works perfect! smiling smiley so check your cables if looks like it missing something :p it should be a lite "glass boll" or something.. in my it are smiling smiley

thanks for your help
June 25, 2016 10:03PM
Best solution is to buy extra thermistors and simply use a new one the wire may be broken especially under the thermal insulation. Bad thermistors and reading will keep a printer in dry run. You can find charts on the net that specify what resistance the thermistor is at a certain temp. As far as multimeters go they range 20$ to 2000 or more. For printers check out RobotShop under tools for one you can afford. Most thermistors are in the Kohm range. Being NTC thermistors the resistance gets lower as temp gets higher
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login