Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just bought my first 3d printer, $209 ebay special, now I have questions.

Posted by dabone 
Just bought my first 3d printer, $209 ebay special, now I have questions.
July 04, 2016 12:35PM
I purchased a i3 clone printer off ebay for the low price of 209 after shipping.
Now I'm discovering what I've gotten myself into.
The instructions were very lacking, and missing pieces, but I got it together and made some horrible prints.

This is the printhead/extruder that came with the unit, so when it clogs, I'm having to disassemble the printhead assembly.

At first I was getting good flow, but now I seem to have developed a clog, and my ptfe tube got a couple of dents trying to clear the clogs, and it didn't come with any extra.

So instead of buying more nozzles and extra ptfe tube,(it came with a .4mm with a ID of 3mm for the tube) I was thinking about just getting a different printhead/extruder.
What's a affordable beginners setup?

The board has i3 pro b firmware installed, here is a picture of the main board, can someone tell me what this board is known as?

And here's a picture of the unassembled kit I got.

Thanks.

Later,
dabone
Re: Just bought my first 3d printer, $209 ebay special, now I have questions.
July 04, 2016 05:33PM
That's the same print head used in my printer, and I haven't seen it clog yet. What brand of filament are you using?
July 05, 2016 10:49AM
Generic ebay.
It's labeled Excelvan Pla Print temp 190-220.
July 06, 2016 09:57PM
Buy an e3d hotend and a titan extruder. You could but the hotend and maybe keep the same extruder or print a new one but I would just buy them both and you will something you know will be good.

Newbie with Folgertech 2020 i3.
i have the same printer ebay special lol had nightmare with it ive had to replace the threaded rods the extruder hotbed all upgraded due to not printing properly its a ongoing upgrade.also bought a auto level sensor plus i just bought the ramps kit off amazon thats goin on this weekend ill keep you updated.
when connecting up the x axis is pin 12 and 16
it is not in the instructions
board is a 2560
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login