Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How to wire the SN04-N Proximity Sensor?

Posted by AccidentalWisdom 
How to wire the SN04-N Proximity Sensor?
August 02, 2016 10:51AM
Hi fellas,

I recently got the SN04-N proximity sensor, shown below in a Google image.

[www.google.com]

The cable contains a black, a blue and a brown wire. I have a 3-pin JST XH connector to solder these into to connect into the Z- slot (or Z+, maybe, if my firmware is configured that way), but I don't know the order that these wires should be oriented on the board (MKS Base V1.2). So, if I am looking a the board mounted on the Migbot, with the power-from-PSU slot in the top-left corner, in what order should these black, blue and brown wires be in the Z-/+ slot from top to bottom?

One more question - I have two 40mm fans mounted on ducts for cooling the nozzle/filament. Each has a very high gauge pair of wires (black/red, probably at least 28AWG). Would it be ok to take the red wires from both fans and solder them into a single red wire which then runs to the "Fan" slot on the board (and the same for the black wires)? And if that is ok, should I use a lower gauge of wire for the single wire the fans will be soldered in to, like 20AWG, just to ensure that enough current is carried through to power both?
Re: How to wire the SN04-N Proximity Sensor?
August 07, 2016 01:18PM
hello, did you find the answer to your question about
AccidentalWisdom
in what order should these black, blue and brown wires be in the Z-/+ slot from top to bottom?

Please share your answer if you have it, as I have similar question.

many thanks.
Best regards,
Taisiya

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2016 01:19PM by Taisiya.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login