Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How long does it last? (Ceramic Cartridge Heater)

Posted by thequestor 
How long does it last? (Ceramic Cartridge Heater)
September 05, 2016 08:34PM
Just wanted to pop in and say hello. I just got my printer about a week and a half ago and man oh man I have been printing like a crazy person smiling smiley

I have a Zonestar Prusa i3 and it's been wonderful. Right up till it wasn't sad smiley

Today I was in the middle of a 10 hour print and about 1/2 through it stopped feeding filament. Come to find out the Ceramic Cartridge Heater died on it. Which of course happened to happen on a holiday. Anyway I ordered 10 more off Amazon and they will be here Wednesday. But.

My question is how long do these things typically last?

This one only seems to have lasted 165 hours so at this rate 10 of them will only last me about 68 days [printing days]
Re: How long does it last? (Ceramic Cartridge Heater)
September 06, 2016 07:17AM
You might want to get more heat blocks and thermistors too, because the screws might be really tight after several hours of cooling and heating.
Maybe even tubes and nozzles and just change the whole assembly at once.

Then you might want to make connectors for thermistor and heat cartridge near the hot end, so you don't have to run wires all the way to the electronics every time..
September 06, 2016 06:09PM
Veesta
You might want to get more heat blocks and thermistors too, because the screws might be really tight after several hours of cooling and heating.
Maybe even tubes and nozzles and just change the whole assembly at once.

Then you might want to make connectors for thermistor and heat cartridge near the hot end, so you don't have to run wires all the way to the electronics every time..

Roger that. Already made plug in connectors for both the sensor and the heater cartridge down by the extruder. smiling smiley

How long do your heater cartridges normally last?
October 19, 2016 10:20PM
make sure it is rated for voltage you are feeding it or get higher wattage
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login