Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

123dx files for the i3

Posted by DaveRC 
123dx files for the i3
September 18, 2016 10:06AM
OK, bit of a long shot, but does anyone have or know where I can find the files for parts for the i3 in 123dx format? I have tried using OpenSCAD and just can't get on with it.

I am particularly interested in the Greg Wades extruder.

Thanks

Dave
Re: 123dx files for the i3
September 18, 2016 11:02PM
open scad is rough unless you are both good with code and already know the basics of a CAD program. I just took a poll here on CAD softwares. Try OnShape, heard good things, its free and in browser.

I don't have the files you need (well I kinda do, but they are tuned to how my printer worked at the time and have improvements that need to be made), and wouldn't necessarily suggest a wade until after you have your printer working really well. I also am not sure what variant of i3 you have but if it came with the china mk8 extruder i would highly recommend doing what I did and getting an E3D v6 hotend and reusing the tensioner assembly like this:

Most of the problems on a fresh i3 kit, at least from my experience was caused by the hot end, that extruder and tensioner assembly actually was very reliable and didn't replace it until I went to a bowden set up

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2016 11:07PM by DaGameFace.

If you need some help, or don't understand what I just said, feel free to send me a PM anytime

Printer: Prusa i3, 2 E3D v6 Hotends, Arduino + RAMPS 1.4 with a Bypassed 5V Regulator, 400w Insignia ATX PSU, Custom Designed Bowden Extruders
Re: 123dx files for the i3
September 19, 2016 12:11AM
a poll of 6 data points! way to represent the minority!

openscad is used because it is free and opensource and platform independent

And for small to medium complex things it works fine, as long as you have a clue about programming.

I doubt you will find I3 file in a propitiatory non open source format, as that just goes again the grain of most of reprap.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login