Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hictop beginning - question about ink spilling and more

Posted by johnclin 
Hictop beginning - question about ink spilling and more
September 25, 2016 02:35AM
Just bought the HICTOP Filament Monitor Desktop 3D Printer Reprap Prusa I3 MK8 DIY.

Was able to build and now have issues.

1. Ink is coming out of the extruder (right above where the filament comes out of the bronze-looking, that screw area) and also above the silver square part where the screw is, filament also spilling out. Is it because I didn't screw it on correctly or something?

2. How far should the extruder (bronze piece where filament comes out) be from the bed? I don't know if it's too high up from the bed. I don't know how I should calibrate or adjust it.

Thank you!
Re: Hictop beginning - question about ink spilling and more
September 26, 2016 07:25PM
What do you mean by "ink?"

Also, when you first assemble a hot end, you have to heat it up to near its top operating temperature (so for a Mk. 8, around 230C) and torque the nozzle into the heat block. As it heats up, it loosens up. E3D has great instructions for asssembly of their hot ends, and other assemblies such as the Mk. 8 have a similar procedure.

2. On my printer, I set the end stop to .1mm above the print bed. That's about the thickness of a sheet of paper. There are other schools of thought, but it works well for me.
October 05, 2016 07:14AM
Hey,

I have the HICTOP 3DP-18 and had the same problem with the hotend (filament "leaking" from the top and bottom parts of the heating block).
I solved it by unscrewing everything, cleaning it up and attaching it again. After assembling the hotend don't forget to warm it up (180c worked for me) and tighten it a bit more, that did the trick for me.
October 08, 2016 11:59PM
Thanks for the suggestions. I was able to heat the hotend and then screw things tighter.

Now I experienced a second issue. After the bed heats up, then I heat up the heat block. Before it made it to 200C fine, but now around 50C it says, Heating Failed. I can keep unplugging and trying again, but still the same result.

Any idea on that end?
October 09, 2016 03:50AM
Maybe there's a problem with the thermistor? make sure it's sitting correctly and plugged to the controller.
Worst case you can try to replace it with the extra you got in the kit (hopefully you got an extra one) and see if it solves it.

You can also try to run PID auto-tune again (but if it worked before I don't think that's the issue)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login