Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Prints not solid

Posted by MiniMfg 
Prints not solid
October 12, 2016 02:14PM
I'm including a photo worth a thousand words. Please see attached. How do i cure this issue?

Thanks
Attachments:
open | download - pick closeup.png (323.2 KB)
Re: Prints not solid
October 12, 2016 04:21PM
Make sure your belts are tensioned. That the drive pulleys are tight on the motors and not slipping when your print and calibrate the machine http://reprap.org/wiki/Triffid_Hunter's_Calibration_Guide
October 13, 2016 10:15AM
Looks like you have a couple problems. Belts could be one of them but what sticks out more to me is the inconsistent extrusion. This is most likely your extruder skipping steps, this would be easy to hear as it makes a click when it happens.

Solution:
1. Increase torque by adjusting the voltage to your stepper motor
2. Calibrate your extruders step/mm
3. Print slower

If you need some help, or don't understand what I just said, feel free to send me a PM anytime

Printer: Prusa i3, 2 E3D v6 Hotends, Arduino + RAMPS 1.4 with a Bypassed 5V Regulator, 400w Insignia ATX PSU, Custom Designed Bowden Extruders
October 13, 2016 09:44PM
Is your filament size set right in your slicer?

Newbie with Folgertech 2020 i3.
October 14, 2016 02:54PM
Yes 1.75 Thanks
October 18, 2016 12:47AM
start with 20mm test cubes, attempting to print some weird thing which we have no idea whats its meant to look like is full of problems...
October 18, 2016 08:19AM
MiniMfg
Yes 1.75 Thanks

I don't believe it is 1.75 exact. Maybe something between 1.65 - 1.70

What slicer do you use? and What nozzle?

I had similar issues when i let Slic3r decide extrusion width automatically based on nozzle size.
I had to define all widths the same as my nozzle and use a digital caliper to measure my 1.75 filament was actually 1.7

Also, is that your first layer in the picture?
You want to make it 150 - 200% in the Slic3r, because the first layer is what you define it + the real distance between the nozzle and the bed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2016 08:19AM by Veesta.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login