Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

hight distance nozzle

Posted by isacat 
hight distance nozzle
October 20, 2016 01:50AM
I finally managed to get my Prusa I3 working again fine.
until yesterday, it stop printing on a large object and stopped?
Now I try to start it but the servo with the micro-switch (autobedleveling) is not working any-more, my guess servo maybe broken, so I did it by hand (lower the handle with the switch by hand) and this works fine until the next print, so I lower the switch again by hand and now the nozzle stops to high from the bed. The previous print it was working fine.
Please help
Re: hight distance nozzle
October 23, 2016 07:34PM
My advice is to scrap all auto leveling and level the bed manually too many people depend on this feature may as well get a toaster that inserts the bread all these filament auto loaders printing on a bed that is physically flat is far superior to a bed in outer space never have never will use auto level. This feature is added to some poor quality printers to compensate for inferior construction. If you want old school instructions contact me
October 24, 2016 12:44AM
I agree with you I would however add some kind of micro adjustable Z end stop so you can adjust the nozzle height independent of the bed level. That way you can get the bed level and just leave it alone and be able to chance the nozzle height if you need too. Here is an example [www.thingiverse.com]

Newbie with Folgertech 2020 i3.
October 24, 2016 02:21PM
msaeger
I agree with you I would however add some kind of micro adjustable Z end stop so you can adjust the nozzle height independent of the bed level. That way you can get the bed level and just leave it alone and be able to chance the nozzle height if you need too. Here is an example [www.thingiverse.com]

So just to be clear if I can follow you here, the Z endstop is also the home position of your nozzle (extruder) is that correct?
October 30, 2016 11:15PM
A Z axis mechanical stop uses a microswitch like the X and Y axis with the exception it is adjustable , I would have thought the printer would have one? If not one would need to be added. So either replace servo or add microswitch
October 31, 2016 12:06AM
Whatever switch you are activating by hand should stop Z axis moving down ie stopping a home movement if this works it must be mounted to the frame and activated when X carriage comes down to a level where nozzle is touching the bed.Usually a screw is used to press the switch to allow nozzle (home) slightly below the bed then bed springs adjusted for 0.1 height above bed.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login