Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

P802 help needed.

Posted by Gurry87 
P802 help needed.
November 10, 2016 12:17PM
Hey all

Looking to purchase my first printer, and I've essentially narrowed down which model I'm looking for, however I'm just not sure of the differences between these models; P802C, P802M, P802N, P802Q. Anyone able to give a little bit of insight into this?

Thanks!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2016 12:18PM by Gurry87.
Re: P802 help needed.
November 10, 2016 01:10PM
What the heck are those? (i used the word heck instead of the one that this forum does not allow)

Washing machines?

Prusa = Prusa = Prusa

Don't be confused about fancy brand names or models. smiling smiley
November 10, 2016 01:15PM
I figured that would be the case, but the model I'm looking at lists as an 802C. Every bit of support I'm finding online is listed under other variants. As I said, just checking if there are any finer differences than just a letter.
November 11, 2016 05:53AM
It looks like a standard i3 acrylic design, with all the pros (cheap! did I mention cheap?) and cons (questionable rigidity, may crack if overtightened and you'll want to retighten the frame regularly). Most of these kits will perform pretty similar and you should be able to get decent results. For a starter 3D printer on a (low low) budget those models do the job. Do get the heated bed option, you may not want to print ABS but there are other filaments besides PLA that are not difficult and fun to print (PETG for example) that require a heated bed.

The P802C model seems to use a Bowden setup (the extruder is mounted on the side and the filament runs through a Bowden tube to the hotend), you may want to look for a non-Bowden model (with the extruder mounted directly to the hotend) as Bowden setups add some complexity (and have more difficulties with flexible filament). You may spend some more time setting up a Bowden configuration just right. If that is not an issue and you're not thinking of flexible filament then this model will work just fine.

Also FYI, today is 11.11 sale on AliExpress and you may find this or similar models quite discounted.
November 11, 2016 10:50AM
This was exactly the answer that I was hoping for. So I'd say that the C model just essentially includes the Bowden extruder.

All of it for naught, however, as I ended up going with the Anet A6. I do thank you, though, for answering this question. I'll file this one away in the memory banks for future reference.
November 18, 2016 06:36PM
I have the P802QS ... very pleased so far.

Gurry87
Hey all

Looking to purchase my first printer, and I've essentially narrowed down which model I'm looking for, however I'm just not sure of the differences between these models; P802C, P802M, P802N, P802Q. Anyone able to give a little bit of insight into this?

Thanks!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login