Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stop printing at some time

Posted by Blisk 
Stop printing at some time
December 13, 2016 01:42PM
Don't know why printer stops to print, filament just stop coming out of nozzle.
Sometimes that happends after 10% sometimes after 50% of finished model.
I have changed nozzle and throath and still the same, like nozzle get clogged and after that I push by hand filament in it and it works again until the same happend.
Re: Stop printing at some time
December 13, 2016 06:34PM
Is the pinch wheel pressing the filament hard enough against the extruder gear? If it isn't, and the gear is wearing a groove in the filament, then this might account for why it restarts after you hand feed the filament through.
December 14, 2016 12:43PM
It is hard enough. I have changed now stepper motor to see if it works ok.
December 21, 2016 01:55PM
NO, still not working and have no clue what can be wrong. I even raise tempereture to 208 for PLA and still the same.
December 21, 2016 07:05PM
If you can push the filament in easily by hand with the pinch wheel released then it is not a temperature issue. A few possibilities that I can think of.

1. Check the screws securing the extruder gear on the stepper spindle. One of the two screws should be pressing on the flat of the shaft.
2. Check that the plug on the extruder motor is not getting disturbed by the wires so that it is affected by vibration. (I had this problem at one point and had to make more slack in the cable)
3. Check that the extruder stepper cable is firmly home on the control board.
4. Have a look at the extruder stepper driver and the resistors adjacent to see if there is any sign of heating. If there is, this may be affecting the operation and a brief cool down period may be allowing it to function normally again.
5. Are you printing from a cheap chinese SDcard? All sorts of printing problems seem to happen with some of these.

Sorry can't think of anything else.
December 22, 2016 08:42AM
Thank you I checked all but still the same.
Last time I tried to press filament in but it didn't go in, when I pulled out and than pushed in than it works again.
I have sandisk SD card.
When I check filament it is eatedout by stepper, so something stuck that fillament and it males stop to print.
Filament is good quality not the cheapest one.
December 22, 2016 10:27AM
A few more things, in which I am assuming that you have a mark 8 type extruder.

1) Is the extruder cooling fan running ? It should run all the time that power is on. Its job is to keep the upper part of the throat tube and the extruder drive cool so that the filament doesn't soften before it reaches the heater block.
2) Is the extruder cooling fan mounted correctly ? It should be blowing towards the finned heatsink on the extruder and the fins should be horizontal.
3) Have you got the throat tube installed the correct way up ? The smaller internal diameter (of the metal tube) should be towards the top. If you have a PTFE liner in the throat tube then that should be at the bottom towards the nozzle. If you don't have a liner then I suggest that you fit one as they help to stop the filament sticking in the extruder.

When you remove the filament from the extruder, allow the extruder to cool to 120c before pulling the filament out, this helps to ensure that none is left behind in the throat tube.

If none of the above helps them I am afraid that I really can't help any further.
January 13, 2017 06:04AM
I have changed the whole extruder and now prints as it should
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login