Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HELP!! X, Y, Z homing problems, stepper problems, RAMPS problems...

Posted by Tyborg 
HELP!! X, Y, Z homing problems, stepper problems, RAMPS problems...
January 14, 2017 09:24AM
Hi everybody,
I've been having a couple problems with my RepRap Guru Prusa i3 v2 3D printer. 1.) I'm having trouble homing the X, Y, and Z axis, as the bed and hot move to opposite end of the printer that the endstops are on. It then starts to grind in the belts, and I have to unplug it. 2.) After trying to home the bed, and having it grind, I tried reversing the polarity of the stepper motor on the RAMPS board (which the instructions manual said was fine to do), and then ALL of the stepper motors wouldn't work with manual control. 3.) The RAMPS board flashing light isn't on anymore after problem 2 either, and I'm not sure how to fix it. 4.) The computer wouldn't connect to the printer and said the COM3 (my Arduino board) wouldn't let the computer connect. I tried using the RH server, and that worked for a little bit, until problem two happened. So far, besides these problems, I've had a lot of problems with this printer: bearings were junk (bought IGUS Drylin bearings to replace them), the steel rods are mild, the injection molded parts on the Z carriage were junk too, and the instruction manual has holes in it. I would really appreciate advice on fixing these problems, as I don't want to throw 300$ down the drain.
Thanks in advance.
-Tyson Haslam

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2017 09:26AM by Tyborg.

Balsa flies better.
Re: HELP!! X, Y, Z homing problems, stepper problems, RAMPS problems...
January 14, 2017 10:04AM
Update:
I took my phone camera and look at the underside on the RAMPS board, where the Arduino was, and I noticed the the LED on the Arduino was a solid green color. No flashing, just staying on. Is that good?
January 14, 2017 06:57PM
If you unplugged your stepper while the board was on, you have probably destroyed the stepper drivers. Yes you can turn the 4 pin stepper cables around, but only while the machine is off. Since its a ramps you can just replace the stepper modules.

If you turned the steppers modules around... that is bad. This is not possable and will damage the driver modules.

First thing I would do is remove all stepper modules and see it the mega will talk to you again. (Only make changes while the machine is completely off, no power, no usb connections)

Regarding homeing. you haven’t configured your firmware to match your hardware. See [forums.reprap.org]

There are several leds on a mega, the green on is just power a light..., there are also leds on TX and RX and one on IO pin that is programmable as to when its on or off, the latter are normally orange..

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2017 07:11PM by Dust.
February 02, 2017 12:57AM
if you uploaded your own configuration check end stop settings as well if y axis stepper is moving then pressing its end stop should make it stop eg NO may need to be NC ....max should be min and set up your bed size doing a home all should send each axis towards it limit switch that then turns off the stepper else the pulley grinds in the belt
April 03, 2017 05:17PM
Anybody use Cura? I'd like to try it out and see the difference between it and Slic3r. If somebody uses it, could they tell me some settings like gantry height to configure Cura for this printer's hardware? Thanks in advance.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login