Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Malyan M150 troubleshooting electronics, help needed

Posted by SaleB 
Malyan M150 troubleshooting electronics, help needed
January 22, 2017 09:16PM
Hello all,

sorry to say that my first massage on the forum is a motion for help.

It a Malyan M150, still all stock. The machine has has done about 5kg mostly PLA filament in it's lifetime. The temperature never got above 215c.

Recent problems were ticking noise from extruder associated under-extrusion at the moments of ticks. I have disassembled the extruder, lubricated the tough moving idler wheel, but did not get much improvement. When manually lifting temperature to 210c it ticks lot less, but PLA does not look as good as at 195c and it seems more brittle. I wanted to give the motor a little more current with pot, but Malyan variation of Melzi board does not have the pots beside the drivers. So, the only solution was to slow down the print to 25% (full speed according to Cura is 60mm/s for infill and 30mm for perimeters). In such way it functioned a few days, with assumption that the stepper end of life is near, then a wire broke from the stepper connector during the print. After reassembling the wire, the stepper would not move anymore.

May I use the connector from another motor to test this motor?
How do I test the electronics?
Do I need to buy the same specs motor if there is no current regulation pot?
If the driver is burnt out, should I change it with Wanhao Melzi board which has the pots (and looks sturdier)?

Thank you for your time and help
Re: Malyan M150 troubleshooting electronics, help needed
February 01, 2017 02:37PM
Which one is the Malyan M150? I have quite a few Monoprice versions of the Malyan line and may be able to help.
February 01, 2017 06:57PM
Malyan M150 is physically a Wanhao Duplicator i3 lookalike (with some subtle differences, no trimpots, different screw pattern on front and back of Y axis frame, ...).

I have sorted it out. The problem in electronics was that I did not know that E motor is disabled under 170degC, so the electronics work fine and the wire is exchanged with a donor wire with metal pin intact. The ticking noise was a blocked/clogged nozzle and deformed PTFE tube. After familiarizing myself with the components, redrilling the PTFE tube with 2mm drill bit and assembling it all, it works better then when it was new.
February 11, 2017 01:11AM
Leading the way in desktop 3D printing... The Duplicator i3 PLUS is the design culmination of our experience selling the #1 3D printer in the industry!
https://www.3dprintersonlinestore.com/wanhao-i3-plus-3d-printer
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login