Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

ANET A8 Y Axis Problem please Help

Posted by keiserjak 
ANET A8 Y Axis Problem please Help
February 01, 2017 12:51PM
hello so i just get a printer and put it together, but the problem is whenever i try to printer or home all the hot bed starts to move forward and keeps going even tho it cant.

[www.youtube.com]
Re: ANET A8 Y Axis Problem please Help
February 01, 2017 01:07PM
Did you hook up the endstop? Is it hooked up right? In the right position? Enabled in firmware?
February 01, 2017 01:30PM
when i go into the setting it says that max Y endstop is n/a, but the endstop triggers is triggered i press it
February 01, 2017 02:25PM
If the Y end stop switch is at the back of the printer, then that is a Y-min endstop, and your bed is travelling the wrong direction.
Turn off the power, then reverse the connector for the Y motor where it plugs into the controller.
February 01, 2017 02:53PM
what do you mean 'reverse the connector for the Y motor where it plugs into the controller' it only goes in one way?
February 01, 2017 05:20PM
Can we get a picture of the connection please?
February 01, 2017 06:33PM
The Anet A8 cables are keyed to prevent insertion the wrong way round, but occasionally the wires are incorrectly assembled in the plugs. Before going down that road, have you assembled the printer with the Y motor in the correct position?

The motor and its mount should be to the left of centre and the shaft of the motor should point to the right. If for some reason you assembled the back frame member the wrong way round, then the motor shaft will point to the left and the bed will move in the wrong direction.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/01/2017 06:40PM by Supermec.
February 01, 2017 06:54PM
February 01, 2017 08:36PM
i fix that now, but my nozzle keeps hitting the bed striaght away when i home it
February 02, 2017 04:15AM
Are you still using the original microswitch for the Z axis limit switch? If so then you need to raise the Z limit switch by slackening the mounting bolts and sliding it upwards and re-tightening the bolts. By this I mean the two bolts holding the acrylic mounting blocks, not the two small screws holding the switch to the block. The "Home All" command should first move the X and Y positions to zero, at which point the nozzle should be just off the front left of the bed, it will then drop the Z axis until it trips the Z limit switch.

Raise the microswitch initially as far as it will go (you need to use the controls to raise the extruder first) so that the nozzle does not strike the bed. Get your bed nearly level to start with and with the springs about 3/4 compressed (use a ruler off the desktop), and then go through the bed levelling process shown in the Anet video. A file with a link to this video is provided on the SDcard that came with your printer. The SDcard also contains other important files such as the operating instructions.

If you are planning to use any form of tape or glass for a printing surface, then fit that first before doing the bed levelling. When doing the levelling you should be checking between the nozzle and the printing surface, not between the nozzle and the bare bed.

If you have a Z axis sensor fitted rather than the original microswitch then you still need to get the bed close to level by measuring from the desk top. Make sure that the sensor is only a millimetre above the nozzle at the very most. Next, make sure that the Z sensor is operating. Go into the printer menu and and select "position" and then "Z position" bring the head down slowly and watch the display, when the sensor triggers the display should change to show the limit switch is "on" rather than "off", and the nozzle should still be above the printing surface. If that is all OK then go through the bed levelling procedure shown in the video that covers Autolevel.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/02/2017 04:24AM by Supermec.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login