Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Repetier Firmware for Radds 1.5

Posted by HH88 
Repetier Firmware for Radds 1.5
February 12, 2017 07:16PM
I bought a 3d printer off of ebay and ended up getting it for free. The board that came with it wouldn't work so i bought a Radds 1.5 board. The printer came with a sd card that had the firmware on it. I am trying to convert the firmware so that it will work with the radds board and was needing a bit of help.
Re: Repetier Firmware for Radds 1.5
February 13, 2017 06:44AM
AFAIK, the RADDS works with RepRapFirmware only.
February 13, 2017 10:49AM
First - I take it this is for a Prusa I3 or the like? Was the RADDS board replacing the standard Arduino/Ramps board? Or some other type of board? Pretty much for me with the RADDS/Due combo it acts just like the RAMPS 1.4 and Arduino set up. I could probably attach my configuration.h later today when I get home and that might get you started. You'll have to make the changes for hot end, thermistors and steps as these are specific to your setup and will probably differ from my setup.

Next - Radds and Repetier according to the RADDS manual:

7.2 Repetier
You can configure and download Repetier firmware using the “Repetier-Firmware
Configuration tool
[www.repetier.com]
If you use the Repetier host software to control your printer and your printer is acting strange/you get communication errors you may have to alter a setting in the Repetier Host software:
1. Start Repetier host
2. Click on the “Printer Settings” icon
3. Alter the “Receive Cache Size” value from 127 to 63

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/13/2017 10:53AM by Viper97.
February 13, 2017 12:24PM
Yes i have a prusa i3. The radds board is replacing a melzi board that didn't work. Can i take the configuration file for the melzi board upload it to the repetier firmware tool and just change the motherboard?
February 13, 2017 12:40PM
HH88
Yes i have a prusa i3. The radds board is replacing a melzi board that didn't work. Can i take the configuration file for the melzi board upload it to the repetier firmware tool and just change the motherboard?

I personally don't think so. There is a version of marlin made specifically to support the Melzi board. I don't think it is cross compatible. I would suggest starting out with the basic Marlin and making the adjustments from their. (You'll need to probably redefine the endstops, e-steps etc.)
February 13, 2017 12:48PM
The melzi had repetier not marlin.
February 13, 2017 12:54PM
Ah... Not sure if you can import settings from the EEPROM but you said it had files on the SD Card. Repetier does support RADDS so heck, give it a shot. Worse case scenario you reprogram with Repetier.
February 13, 2017 01:46PM
so i flashed a new version of repetier and now when i try to control it from host it doesnt do anything. the only thing i can get it to do is make a noise when i press an endstop
February 13, 2017 03:08PM
Have you set the voltage on the drivers?
February 13, 2017 04:40PM
??? I am very new to the 3D printer world. I would appreciate all the help you could give me.
February 13, 2017 07:55PM
Nvm guys I think I broke both boards and I think I'm done with this thing.
February 14, 2017 03:34AM
HH88
Nvm guys I think I broke both boards and I think I'm done with this thing.

Sad news... sad smiley
If you live in Germany ( HH=Hamburg? ) I'd be interested to buy this thing and try to get it running.
RADDS won't be destroyed so fast...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login