Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bltouch install and software help!

Posted by TekkunDashi 
Bltouch install and software help!
April 01, 2017 10:57PM
has anyone installed a bltouch onto their printer?
[www.amazon.com]
thats the model i have, when i plug it into the board like this picture
[www.indiegogo.com]
or [c1.iggcdn.com]

the bl touch just lights up with a blue light

i also tried updating the marlin software with the newest version to see if it would work and the result is just a blue light when i plug in the bltouch! any help?

so i found out i needed to install the jumper onto the board and now it lights red along with the blue led but i still have no idea what to do on the firmware!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/01/2017 11:13PM by TekkunDashi.
Re: Bltouch install and software help!
April 02, 2017 03:56AM
April 02, 2017 06:17PM
Yes obviously I have googled it, I have also tried to reconfigure the ramps rc8 software for my reprapguru but I've come up with some problems for it and thats why I am asking here, because of unique issues which are coming up and I cannot find a related video which also uses a reprapguru printer which uses a marlin version which is much much older than the current config.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2017 06:26PM by TekkunDashi.
April 03, 2017 05:06AM
I recently got my FT 2020 i3 with BL Touch up and running. First go to GitHub and download the Marlin 3dPrinter Tool. It is extremely useful when calibrating the BL Touch. I will attach my configuration.h file that i used so you can compare it to yours. Good luck.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (56.8 KB)
April 03, 2017 12:30PM
Thanks!
June 16, 2017 02:23PM
Hi TekkunDashi,
I have the same system as you and i'm trying to install the BLTouch. You "Thanked" RanchoMattPS for his Configuration.h file. However, did it work? If not, were you able to finally have success? Thanks. John
June 16, 2017 02:56PM
Hi Ranchomat what is the Marlin 3dPrinter Tool called.
Thanks
June 16, 2017 07:36PM
I used it for reference and someone else in one of my topics helped me through the rest of it,
Heres a drop box link of the entire marlin config this is off of the RC8 and configured for my printer, test it out compare it to your working one, I have the probe test to be 4 so it actually checks 16 locations lower to 3 if you want 9 instead, I found that 16 lets the print be much more accurate! if you need anymore help just post in here.
[www.dropbox.com]
June 17, 2017 07:10AM
Thank you thumbs up
June 18, 2017 09:17PM
no problem if you need any help calibrating the bltouch just ask in here!
June 18, 2017 09:19PM
Im not sure if you have a mount in mind for it but this is the one i use! i recommend printing this in abs that way theres less flex and the melting point is alot higher so it doesnt "Droop" down after a few prints
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login