Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is Anycubic Mega i3 A Flagship Killer 3D Printer?

Posted by carterr 
Is Anycubic Mega i3 A Flagship Killer 3D Printer?
April 23, 2017 12:10PM
I already have a 3D Printer and was looking for one more so I can complete my projects on time, and I came came across Anycubic i3 Mega . I have placed the order with them last week and its expected to arrive this week . I was pretty much impressed by the features it is offering at $280 . It seems to me better option than Wanhao i3 plus . Both printer looks similar upto a extent , both have touch screen at center and the main board and power supply box is fitted below the box . But Anycubic mega i3 has added features like power resume , change filament and filament run out detection . I followed their facebook group and found ok , not much complains . Only thing I thing I might need to change after a member advised is that to replace their stock tube with ptfe tube . But thats not a major issue . I think the wanhao i3 basic version and i3 plus which dominates this segment will have a tough contender .
Re: Is Anycubic Mega i3 A Flagship Killer 3D Printer?
April 23, 2017 12:18PM
Hey , it looks promising but I doubt the stability of the printer ? In pics cannot clearly understand that whether its stiff frame or joints like wanhao i3.
I have seen many the prusa i3 variants , more the joints less the stability and it takes the hell out of you to get a perfect 20 mm cube . But price seems to be decent atleast it should have better quality than a DIY kit and print quality similar to Wanhao i3
April 23, 2017 12:22PM
Where is the extruder mounted ? is it on the right side of frame or on top of the printer ? And what type hotend does it use?
April 25, 2017 03:56AM
Finally My Anycubic arrived today ordered from 3dprinterkart

Nicely packed

Got spare hotend

Bed has buildtak

Cables tagged

Power supply switch to adjust input

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2017 03:59AM by carterr.
April 25, 2017 04:06AM
The extruder is fixed on the corner on X axis frame , its a bowden type extruder

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2017 04:07AM by carterr.
May 30, 2017 01:12AM
Any update on the printer? Do you like it and does it print well?

"It is well that war is so terrible lest we should grow too fond of it." Gen. R.E. Lee CSA
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login