Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

"Smart" BLTOUCH

Posted by tjnamtiw 
"Smart" BLTOUCH
May 04, 2017 02:59PM
Well, I am now the proud owner of the new "smart" BLTOUCH! I can't wait to replace my old, trusty Classic BLTOUCH and see what the differences are. In this first photo, and in Joe's photo you can see that the circuit board is very different. There is also a place where you can cut a trace on the circuit board if you need to use 3.3 volts for your motherboard's input. Also in another photo, you'll notice that the set screw on top is in a depressed position whereas in the Classic it is flush. Then you will also notice that the suggested clearance between the pin and the bottom of the hot end is now 3 mm, whereas it used to be 2 mm. It appears that I may have to redesign my holders and, if I do, I'll make them have plenty of clearance so that I can use the supplied springs for fine adjustment. Also, there is a 0.5 mm difference in height. I never found it necessary, however, to honor the 2 mm difference. I had good results with various height differences so I'm not sure how important that is. Finally, you can see that the pulse width for detection has decreased from 10 ms to 5 ms. I would assume this means that as the BLTOUCH travels down seeking the bed, that the window of detection has been cut in half for more accuracy.

Folger Tech 2020 i3 and FT-5 as well as modified JGAurora A5 with direct drive E3D/Titan. All running the BLTOUCH.
Great kits. Having fun and running the heck out of them.
Running Marlin 1.1.0 RC8 on the i3 and FT5. Custom firmware on A5.
Folger Tech Wiki board >[folgertech.wikia.com]
Re: "Smart" BLTOUCH
June 14, 2017 02:12PM
Any updates I'm interested in the differences also
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login