Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

P3steel kit to buy - first printer

Posted by pedromelim 
P3steel kit to buy - first printer
May 07, 2017 07:06PM
Hello to everyone.

Being new to 3d printing (and looking to buy my first printer), and after a lot of research, I figure a good alternative to quality and price would be a p3steel kit. I know the original prusa i3 mk2 is very recommended but my budget of around 400€ puts that option aside. I don't want to source parts myself as it would be too much of a trouble. I want to build my printer and learn as I move but want to skip sourcing parts. I found couple of choices but would prefer some input on people with more experience. This is the kits I have narrowed down to:

[www.hta3d.com] (good assembly video showing every step)

[www.3despana.com] (good price, black frame)

[inven.es] (all metal frame, less printable parts)

[www.reprapalgarve.com] (this one I'm not sure, but it's locally manufactured with a very nice price)

Would appreciate any help before I move to buying my first printer
Re: P3steel kit to buy - first printer
May 08, 2017 01:13AM
You'll probably be happy with any of them.

Your local one was setup as Bowden extruder in the YouTube video.
May 08, 2017 04:42AM
VonRansak
You'll probably be happy with any of them.

Your local one was setup as Bowden extruder in the YouTube video.

Ya, seen that as the bowden. On the other ones I'm looking on having upgrade parts like leadscrews, better ramps and mk2 bed.

On top of my list it's the one from hta3d as the video instructions are very good, but wanted to know if any members have bought this kit to know feedback.
May 09, 2017 05:04AM
I bought a kit some months ago I am very frustrated. The frame has burrs. I have problems with the surface quality of the rods, there are microperforations and the bearings dont slide correctly. I also received the glass broken and they don't reply me the emails... I strongly suggest not buying from them.
May 09, 2017 06:22AM
Alol
I bought a kit some months ago I am very frustrated. The frame has burrs. I have problems with the surface quality of the rods, there are microperforations and the bearings dont slide correctly. I also received the glass broken and they don't reply me the emails... I strongly suggest not buying from them.

The burrs im not too concerned about them, neither the glass as i didnt order one for myself, but the rods do concern me.
Thing is i ordered it last night. They have been very responssive to me so hopefully i can get the kit with no problems.
Bought with paypal so have some protection if anything goes wrong.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login