Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Original Prusa i3 Mk2s or Mk3 or......

Posted by Paulgwat 
Original Prusa i3 Mk2s or Mk3 or......
January 10, 2018 05:38PM
Hi all,

I have been lurking on the forum for a while and contemplating a 3D printer for even longer, I had originally planned on buying an Ormerod 2 before Reprap ceased production.

After reading this forum I think I have decided on a Prusa i3 and I noticed that there is a new original Prusa Mk3 version being released with shipments in March but being impatient I am thinking about going for the Mk2s and possibly going for the Mk2.5 upgrade once available to get what I think are the biggest upgrades.

Would people wait for the Mk3, buy the Mk2s or buy something else?

Key thing for me is something that will print reliably with the minimal need for tweaking and upgrade as I don’t have the time or patience to spends weeks tinkering to get a simple print.

Appreciate any thoughts or observations.

Thanks

Paul
Re: Original Prusa i3 Mk2s or Mk3 or......
January 17, 2018 09:29PM
Well these are pre order so if you order now you will get it sooner if price is not the problem and you waited this long I would get the MK3. I assume you have watched the videos on it.
Re: Original Prusa i3 Mk2s or Mk3 or......
February 12, 2018 11:48AM
I have a MK2. It is a very good printer except the "weak" frame.
Definitely MK3 is worth waiting for! Frame is an important upgrade. The frame of MK2/2.5/S is disappointing. Also new drivers, better rods and linear bearings (comparing to MK2 at least) . A tone of new features.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login