Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Einsy Rambo Tuning problems

Posted by lorenjz 
Einsy Rambo Tuning problems
February 15, 2018 08:16AM
Hello,

I recently purchased the Einsy Rambo from Ultimachine. I think I've gotten the X and Y axis motors tuned and ready for a test print. My problem is the Z axis. I have continual grinding noise (I think Thomas Sanladerer refers to what I'm experiencing as resonance). Here are my current settings:

#define DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION      { 150, 100, 30, 2000 }

/**
 * Default Acceleration (change/s) change = mm/s
 * Override with M204
 *   M204 P    Acceleration
 *   M204 R    Retract Acceleration
 *   M204 T    Travel Acceleration
 */
#define DEFAULT_ACCELERATION          2000    // X, Y, Z and E acceleration for printing moves
#define DEFAULT_RETRACT_ACCELERATION  3000    // E acceleration for retracts
#define DEFAULT_TRAVEL_ACCELERATION   3000    // X, Y, Z acceleration for travel (non printing) moves

I've followed this tutorial to set the X&Y. I've lowered the DEFAULT_MAX_ACCELERATION to below 10 without any luck. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I should do to get this printer working? Or is tuning the Trinamic drivers different than the standard drivers?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Loren
Re: Einsy Rambo Tuning problems
February 15, 2018 10:31AM
Acceleration is only one part, speed is the other. For a Z-axis with lead screw the max. speed is pretty low. M5 leadscrew is 2mm/s some get away with 3mm/s. Bigger leadscrews or trapezoid screws are able to run faster.
Re: Einsy Rambo Tuning problems
February 17, 2018 10:44AM
Thank you @o_lampe! I did slow down the feed rate in the software I'm running and that did the trick. Now I'm stuck on getting the homing to work. I've tried to match all of the manual settings that seem to work within pronterface to the firmware settings in marlin. When I click the home button for the x or y axis the motors simply resonate and don't go anywhere. Have I missed something somewhere?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login