Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Upgrade to Marlin 1.1 Auto Home Issues

Posted by daankie 
Upgrade to Marlin 1.1 Auto Home Issues
February 28, 2018 07:19AM
Hey Fellas, I have been struggling to get my Prusa i3 Rework working since update.

1. Auto home from printer controller, drives each axis to a fixed distance, then stops. Regardless of Endstops, it just crushed my Z-MIN-STOP switch. The ENDSTOPS are configured correctly. First I thought it was the Z-PROBE function causing this, but after disabling no change.

#define X_MIN_ENDSTOP_INVERTING false  // (+10v Switch Open, 0v When Switch Closed)

2. Controlling each axis manually from Repetier, only move axis in one direction. I thought this might be due to lack of home information of ENDSTOP MIN.

Has anyone had simmilar problems? Could someone give me a clue where to direct my attention?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2018 07:22AM by daankie.
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h (64.8 KB)
Re: Upgrade to Marlin 1.1 Auto Home Issues
March 01, 2018 02:12AM
M119 is your friend

But from your configuration file you have X endstop on the left, Y endstop at the back, Z at the bottom - all are MN end stops and should be wired to the MIN pins on the RAMPs
From your configuration file your switches are configured to be normally closed

With the axis off the end stops what does a M119 command from Repetier give you?
When you manually press an endstop switch what does a M119 give you?
March 01, 2018 04:15AM
Thanks mate.

X endstop on the left

Endstop for X is on the right, from printer front, all else are correct.

all are MN end stops and should be wired to the MIN pins on the RAMPs

Each Endstop, when not pressed, sends +10v to the SIGNAL input on RAMPS 1.4 Board.
I'm using these Endstops from SainSmart

From your configuration file your switches are configured to be normally closed

That's correct.

With the axis off the end stops what does a M119 command from Repetier give you? When you manually press an endstop switch what does a M119 give you?

Currently Repetier keeps restarting the Firmware, in the log files I found the following error.

10:08:21.052 : echoconfused smileyD card ok         This as far as I can tell is the final output of the printer, after that it normally sends temperature data.
10:08:52.748 : Communication timeout - reset send buffer block
10:08:52.758 : Error:Line Number is not Last Line Number+1, Last Line: 0
10:08:52.758 : Resend: 1

Last night I did manage to send the command M119, but it returned Unknown command on several attempts. It was receiving temperature data from the printer though.

It seems like something else is wrong, the Baudrate is set to 115200 in Firmware and Repetier.
Attachments:
open | download - repetier_marlin_log.txt (24.7 KB)
March 03, 2018 06:55PM
If the X endstop is on the right side it's a MAX endstop and you need to change your configuration.h and also make sure the RAMPs is wired correctly

//#define USE_XMIN_PLUG
#define USE_XMAX_PLUG

I'm not sure why you are getting the communication timeout
I don't use repetier, but use pronterface instead

My updated Instructable on our Prusa i3 Build
[www.instructables.com]
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login