Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z axis

Posted by erniehatt 
Z axis
May 04, 2018 07:26PM
Having problems with the Z axis, one side seems to be either running fast , or the other slow. I lift it up 100mm and one side is perfect but the other one reads about 5mm more.
Not sure whats up here, is it possible to use the E1 driver to run them seperately, and will it work.?
Thanks
Re: Z axis
May 04, 2018 08:33PM
RepRot

With the Ramps board I am using, there are only 5 stepper drivers, normally 3 for XYZ axis and 2 for extruders (E0 & E1).
What happens you use the second extruder for the second Z axis, thus you can only have one extruder.
I have the Z2 pins setup ( Dir/step/enable) set the same as the E1.

Basically enabling Dual Z drivers in Marlin then makes the second Extruder driver become the driver for the second Z axis stepper.

Read this post here, Hope it helps

[forums.reprap.org]
May 04, 2018 11:12PM
Thanks Clif, I have a look at it.
May 05, 2018 06:36PM
Would it make any difference if I was to use an external driver.
May 05, 2018 08:15PM
Some swear by external drivers others stay with the internal drivers. I am on the side using only the controller for now.

However was planning on adding an external 40amp Solid State Relay to the the bed circuit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/05/2018 08:15PM by Roberts_Clif.
May 05, 2018 09:38PM
Thanks Clif,
If it is not going to help with the sync of the two Z axis, then I will leave as is.
May 06, 2018 06:22PM
Ok, the thing I am not understanding here, is the endstop connections, and how this would work using a Z probe.
May 06, 2018 08:01PM
erniehatt
Having problems with the Z axis, one side seems to be either running fast , or the other slow. I lift it up 100mm and one side is perfect but the other one reads about 5mm more.
Not sure whats up here, is it possible to use the E1 driver to run them separately, and will it work.?
Thanks

On my 3D Printers I have a pair of NEMA 17 42mm 1.8° steppers wired in parallel to a single driver, they have worked correctly for two years now.
Was told that I could wire my NEMA 17 42mm 1.8° steppers in series with equal results. Less the obvious fiscal electrical/mechanical results

Series Advantages
..Decreased motor heating for fixed voltage drive
..Decreased power draw for fixed voltage drive
Series Disadvantages
..Decreased output torque for fixed voltage drive
..Decreased speed range due to large R / L time constant

Parallel Advantages:
..Greatly improved high speed performance.
..Improved mechanical power output from an increase in available torque at higher speeds
Parallel Disadvantages:
..Dramatically increased power dissipation in the motor and the drive circuit

What steppers are you using?
How are they wired?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2018 08:03PM by Roberts_Clif.
May 06, 2018 09:46PM
Thanks for the reply Clif.
The motors are as the following.
Straight-Screw-Rod-Stepper-Motor-Nema17-40mm-1-5A-3-3V-0-4N-m
I have the wired in series.
Not to sure what the settings are at the moment.
Before I made the changes, I had slightly different motors 1.7 amp, I do believe that there was again on one of the Axis as I have now but it was much less and did not seem to have a significant effect on the print.
But now I am seeing up to a 1/4 inch difference.
The wiring is quite a bit longer than before, I wonder if this makes a defference.
May 06, 2018 11:32PM
I adjusted the current and touch wood it seems to have fixed the problem
May 07, 2018 11:00AM
That would be correct, if you change to a different stepper, you would normally re-adjust the stepper current to match the current capabilities of the replacement stepper.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2018 11:01AM by Roberts_Clif.
May 07, 2018 04:48PM
Thanks for the help Clif
ayuda problema con flsun i3 pusa
February 23, 2019 01:07PM
Buenas,

Querria saber si alguien puede ayudarme con el problema que me esta surgiendo con mi impresora 3d flusn i3 prusa

adjunto enlace donde aparece la impresora que me compre

[www.amazon.com]

la tengo montada y puse la configuracion h que me vino pero no me hace ni el autlevel ni cuando imprime el extrusor baja a la cama, siempre se me queda alto, tambien cuando voy a sacara material, siempre se me atasca llegando hacer por la parte del rodamieno unos click click como que ha habido atasco en extrusor y no deja pasar material, por lo que deja de tirarme material.

adjunto mi confiuguracion para ver si me podeis dar alguna solucion o ver si tengo algo mal configurado o cualquier ayuda que me podais dar respecto al problema que me ocurre

espero respuesta si alguien pudiese ayudarme

un saludo

gracias
Attachments:
open | download - Configuration.h1 (57.7 KB)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login