Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Marlin firmware and controller board configuration help needed ASAP

Posted by hgreeves 
Marlin firmware and controller board configuration help needed ASAP
July 02, 2018 06:35PM
Hi everyone,
I have a acrylic reprap prusa i3 3d printer that I made a little over a year ago form a kit. Up until January I had made minimal modifications to the printer, but in January my power supply caught on fire and I was forced to replace that (which ended up being a struggle but was my fault) and once I got that working, I discovered that the controller board was fired too so I now have to replace that.

My issue is with getting everything to work on the board, and getting Marlin coded corrected to make all axiss work along with the hotend and bead.

I am really struggling to get this to work and am hoping that someone could just Skype or message with me ASAP as I am now on a deadline to get a project done.

Hope someone can help,
hgreeves
Re: Marlin firmware and controller board configuration help needed ASAP
July 02, 2018 09:43PM
unless you have all the configuration settings eg from a previous firmware or a m503 command

There is no way to do this quickly
July 02, 2018 09:47PM
I have configured the file just their are some issues that I cant seem to debug. Would you be willing to Skype to talk it over?
July 02, 2018 09:53PM
Here is my current standing. After having configured Marlin for the settings on my printer I have most things working. The only 2 issues I have are with the z axis and the bed. I can not seem to get the bed to heat up and I cant seem to get the beds thermistor to work. With the z axis when I signal for the z axis to move, only one of the two set up motors drive and I cant seem the Marlin location to specify a second z axis motor.
July 02, 2018 10:39PM
you cant heat the bed without a working thermistor

If #define TEMP_SENSOR_BED is set to a number in configuration.h and its not reading something.. its a hardware issue.

re Z

in configuration_adv.h
enable #define Z_DUAL_STEPPER_DRIVERS

this will use e1 as second Z on a ramps.. (you havent mentioned what your controller is)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2018 10:41PM by Dust.
July 02, 2018 11:06PM
Thanks. I'll give that a try.
July 03, 2018 02:02AM
So I have all parts of the printer finally working except for a few bugs involving axis direction movement.

Bug 1: Both the X and Z axi home to the wrong direction and in configuration.h when I change the direction of end-stop when homing from 1 to -1, i get the following error "Enable USE_XMAX_PLUG when homing X to MAX."

Bug 2: When controlling my z axis the control for raising it lowers the axis, and the control for lowering it raises it. Honestly I have no idea how wear to look to change this in Marlin.

Hope you can help
July 03, 2018 02:41AM
homing direction depends on where your end stops are

For a I3 type machine where Y moves the bed. and 0,0,0 being front, left down.

X axis goes left right, endstop on left is min ie -1, endstop on right is max ie 1
Z axis goes up and down, endstop at the bottom is min ie -1, endstop at top is max ie 1
Y axis goes front to back, endstop at the back is min ie -1, endstop at the front is max ie 1

If you use a max endstop then you need to enable the apropriate use max plug
ie in configuration.h find
#define USE_XMIN_PLUG
#define USE_YMIN_PLUG
#define USE_ZMIN_PLUG
//#define USE_XMAX_PLUG
//#define USE_YMAX_PLUG
//#define USE_ZMAX_PLUG

Enable the max plugs you use by removing the // and disable the min plugs your not using by adding a //

NB you need to make sure you plug the endstop into the appropriate min or max endstop plug on the controller, or the machine will not stop at the endstop and can cause damage to the machine.

now if these are correct for your machine and it still goes the incorrect way then you need in invert the direction of the axis

fine the following in configuration.h
// Invert the stepper direction. Change (or reverse the motor connector) if an axis goes the wrong way.
#define INVERT_X_DIR false
#define INVERT_Y_DIR true
#define INVERT_Z_DIR false

and change from false to true or vise versa as needed., but only after you have set the endstops correct for your machine

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/03/2018 02:52AM by Dust.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login