Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Extrusion problems

Posted by erniehatt 
Extrusion problems
August 05, 2018 11:38PM
Finally got Marlin up and running, everthing is working ok, except for extrusion problems.
I have a Bowden setup, I get the required 1oomm running through the tube, but as soon as it hits the nozzle problem start, I am lucky if it is pushing through ten mm, and the motor seems to backing up all the time, while the extruder is giving out a loud thump.
I am using Petg at 235 with 80 bed, perhaps the temps are to low.
Any help here would be highly appreciated, I am sure it is a setting somewhere but where.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2018 02:52AM by erniehatt.
Re: Extrusion problems
August 11, 2018 02:40AM
Looks as though noone has an answer, so it's back to the drawing board.
August 11, 2018 06:02AM
Likely reasons include:

- Insufficient extruder motor current
- You are trying to extrude too fast. In an ordinary printer using a 0.4mm nozzle, there is no need for extrusion faster than about 5mm/sec.
- Your heatsink cooling fan isn't working (it should be set to run either whenever the printer is powered, or any time the hot end is above about 50C)
- Nozzle temperature is too low for that filament, possibly not helped by your temperature reading being incorrect due to incorrect firmware configuration for your thermistor

Large delta printer [miscsolutions.wordpress.com], E3D tool changer, Robotdigg SCARA printer, Crane Quad and Ormerod

Disclosure: I design Duet electronics and work on RepRapFirmware, [duet3d.com].
August 11, 2018 11:57AM
There are in fact plenty of answers that a search would have shown. Unless you managed to invent a new problem ? smiling smiley

"A comical prototype doesn't mean a dumb idea is possible" (Thunderf00t)
August 11, 2018 05:29PM
dc42, thanks for the info.

- Insufficient extruder motor current
Never though of this one.

- You are trying to extrude too fast. In an ordinary printer using a 0.4mm nozzle, there is no need for extrusion faster than about 5mm/sec.
I look into this one

- Your heatsink cooling fan isn't working (it should be set to run either whenever the printer is powered, or any time the hot end is above about 50C)
The fan is on all the time

- Nozzle temperature is too low for that filament, possibly not helped by your temperature reading being incorrect due to incorrect firmware configuration for your thermistor
this one is fine.I have had it working at this temp.

Another reason for this is that I printed a new wade extruder, though it looks fine who knows, but my feelings are changing from Repetier to Marlin.
August 11, 2018 05:33PM
MKSA, I made a search on this forum and others, and found nothing very helpful, just like this post.
I try not to invent problems they just arise from nowhere to kick you in the BUTT.smileys with beer
September 04, 2018 04:11AM
OK it's now working, I discovered the reason but the why alludes me.
Initially it was printing the PetG very nicely, until it used about two thirds of the reel, then it started to play up, I thought at first that the extruder was playing up though wear and tare, so I change it still got that problem of not being able to configure it.
After so many attempts I decided to change the filament, so I loaded a part reel of PLA and it worked, if anyone can figure it out let me know, as I am completely stumped.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/04/2018 04:13AM by erniehatt.
September 12, 2018 05:07AM
I would like to thank all those who gave me positive help here.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login