Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Printer will home but wont do anything else

Posted by eatumup 
Printer will home but wont do anything else
August 17, 2018 02:26PM
I have a folgertech prusia i3. I was leveling the bed today then the printer just quit responding. I am using repitier host to control it. I found that the printer will home, but wont do anything else. I cant move any axis or heat any elements.

visually everything looks fine. There was no magic smoke. The power supply tests good with my meter.

Have any of you encountered this problem? any suggestions? I kinda thought maybe the Arduino or driver board quit, but since it will still home im not so sure.
Re: Printer will home but wont do anything else
August 18, 2018 02:00AM
You can send M119 or M114 to get the endstop status or position reported. That would clear up any mis-configuration about homing.
A common mistake is to set homing direction or position after homing wrong. The printer then thinks it's somewhere els and doesn't want to move out of bounds.
Re: Printer will home but wont do anything else
August 19, 2018 05:34AM
Thank you for the suggestion. I managed to get it figured out. Apparently the temperature probe on the print head had separated. Just enough that it would work sometimes from movement. When the probe would break connection it would fault and suspend all movement. I replaced the probe with a spare I had. Back to printing.

Thank you for the help!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login