Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Added Lokbuild surface to my Prusa i3 MK3, need help please.

Posted by 77slevin 
Added Lokbuild surface to my Prusa i3 MK3, need help please.
September 08, 2018 01:21PM
Hi RepRappers,

First of all, I'm a newbie at 3D printing so I'm still finding my way trough the wonderful and complex world of 3D printing. Because I had many adhesion problems with my MK3, both with PLA and PETG, I added a Lokbuild surface to my flexible sheet (of which I managed to destroy a side with detaching a PETG print, Uggh!) after reading about it, it should really help with adhesion.

I now need to compensate for the height of the Lokbuild sheet, so I would be able to extrude filament. How would I go about this in a semi permanent way? I know I can compensate with each print in Slic3r, but I would be more comfortable and less prone to forgetting if I could put the offset straight into the Prusa i3. The menu provides a Z-Correct function starting from 1.030, is this an option? Any advice appreciated from this newbie.
Attachments:
open | download - lokbuild.jpg (161.3 KB)
Re: Added Lokbuild surface to my Prusa i3 MK3, need help please.
September 09, 2018 02:30AM
I always put a line like G92 Z### in my Slic3r startcode. That way it is 'permanent' but still adjustable.
Once you've found the true offset, you can edit Marlins Z-probe offset accordingly.
September 09, 2018 04:21AM
Prusa firmware has live Z adjust

This is saved till you change it

[help.prusa3d.com]
September 09, 2018 05:51AM
So if my live adjust was -0.780 I just have to add the size of the Lokbuild surface, and I’ll be good? I’ll look into that. I did notice when I reset the printer, when a print fails for instance, the settings are wiped. I will have to remember to put in the numbers again.
September 11, 2018 12:50PM
77slevin,

How do you like the Lokbuild print surface? Have your tried Buildtak or PEI prior?
September 11, 2018 01:54PM
To be honest I completely ruined my surface while trying to calibrate for the height difference. (burned holes with the hot end right through it) I got so frustrated I ripped it off and binned it. That says more about my calibrating skills than the Lokbuild surface. I honestly couldn't say if it is worth it or not, because I never got a chance to really use it. Wasted 30 Euro, nobody's fault but my own eye rolling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login