Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

All metal Enclosure for Prusa i3

Posted by Edvardas 
All metal Enclosure for Prusa i3
October 08, 2018 03:11AM
I have had my Prusa i3 for five years and it has got some wear and tear over the years. I am putting an e3d nozzle on it and replacing cracked ABS parts. And next I will be making an all metal enclosure for it.
I hope that an enclosure will help me achieve a fallowing:
  • Fire hazzard protection
  • Contain smell
  • Produce even temperature inside an enclosure to reduce warping
  • An easy way to fit small and big spools
  • Easy way to move a printer without making damage to it
  • Reduce a noise printer is making
Here is how a printer stands now not in a complete working order as you can see:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Re: All metal Enclosure for Prusa i3
October 08, 2018 03:28AM
I have built a corexy printer a few years ago and put it inside an enclosure. Enclosure was made out of 2020 profiles from Motedis and laser cut stainless steel sheets. Door was made out of glass because I wanted some added fire protection and not have flammable plastic enclosing a printer.
Bellow are some photos of it printing parts today:

October 08, 2018 03:36AM
I am able to get steel sheets laser cut and bent and even powdercoated at my work. I think I will be constructing a new enclosure in this way instead of using 2020 profiles.
If anyone has got some important features in their heads that could be implemented that I have not included in my first post then please come up with your suggestions.
October 09, 2018 12:20AM
Flat panels are always prone to resonance. If you have the chance bent the panels 'X'-wise to increase stability and reduce noise.

Like it's done in air conditions:

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login