Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Folger Tech RepRap Prusa i3 - General Advice

Posted by Mkiernan 
Re: Folger Tech RepRap Prusa i3 - General Advice
February 22, 2019 09:35PM
fpos_t errors are well documented

yes its a reserved word in newer versions of the ardunio ide (it was added years ago someware about 1.0.7)

The firmware you are trying to compile is ancient and should be thrown out. It does not have any safety features
But since you going to ignore that...

all you do is search and replace fpos_t with filepos_t in all files and it will now compile... (its only in two files, SdBaseFile.cpp and SdBaseFile.h but occurs multiple times)

NB I take zero responsibility for when you burn your house down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2019 09:39PM by Dust.
February 23, 2019 02:56AM
Thank you for your help everyone. I searched Google for fpos and replaced accordingly and it worked.

Can I ask what you recommend dust? I am open to using a new firmware. Google seems to think the firmware I am using is a bit rubbish too.

In future I will try to sort problems better my self before posting. I am new to this so will gradually improve.

Thank you,
Matt
February 27, 2019 02:22AM
The latest Marlin 1.1.9 or Repetier 1.0.3 will work. It would be easiest to start with a clean extraction of Marlin. Then copy "Marlin/example_configurations/FolgerTech/i3-2020/Configuration.h" and "Marlin/example_configurations/FolgerTech/i3-2020/Configuration_adv.h" to "Marlin/", overwriting the extant entries. Then edit both files systematically, line by line, reading the comments carefully. Much may not apply to you, but everything is explained in detail. If you aren't sure what to do for a particular setting, just leave it alone for now. By the time you reach the end of both files and change what you need to change to get the firmware sketch ("Marlin.ino") to compile, you should have a better understanding. It may take an hour or two to have a functional firmware, but its worth it.
February 28, 2019 05:49AM
Thanks jefbed, i'll give that a try this week and let you know how I get on.

For the printer to be used at university it is required to pass a portable appliance test (PAT). My build has failed due to the machine not earthing the power supply. I have gone over this again and found the earth wire to be located in the correct place. I was wondering if anyone had any issues with this or have heard of problems with the printer earthing?

Thanks,
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login