Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Z axis homing fail broke x-carriage sad smiley

Posted by Tryit 
Z axis homing fail broke x-carriage sad smiley
November 18, 2018 07:08AM
Hi,

My FLSun I3 + printer has an annoying habit of occasionally failing to stop when homing on Z axis. So far I have been lucky and noticed and stopped the machine, but inevitably this happened when I didn't realise for a little while and the Acrylic sheet carriage has split. I am not really sure what actually stops the machine completely destroying itself!

What advice?
I feel some kind of sensor to notice this great strain. Can I use the old microswitch z endstop as well as the inductive sensor.

Perhaps a weak point in the system (where?) so the machine can't do really bad damage.

One thought was to replace the (4mm?) inductive sensor with a longer sensing 8mm one as I print on glass so the sensor is very close to the nozzle level. I think the problems occur when the sensor is knocked about by bad previous print.

FLSun I3+ running Marlin on MKS Gen L v1.0 board.

Manuf. images of the carriage [des.gbtcdn.com]
Flsun I3 advert images: [www.gearbest.com]

I have "bandaged" the poor dear machine so I can print. Is PLA good enough for replacing the Acrylic - I do print ABS and worry about PLA warping.

Thanks!!!
Re: Z axis homing fail broke x-carriage sad smiley
November 23, 2018 04:21AM
Does nobody else get these Z axis crashes?
November 23, 2018 04:47AM
no... intermittent Z endstop is quite unique to you. I would replace the probe ASAP

you should be able to wire in a switch endstop in parallel or series with probe, depends on how probe is wired and what signal the controller is expecting.

you could also physically clamp the Z rods at Z0 so it physically cant move any lower. It's tslot, should be easy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/23/2018 04:48AM by Dust.
November 25, 2018 06:43AM
I think with the glass on the bed the 4mm probe is too close to the bed so I ordered an 8mm probe. The probe does not appear to be faulty.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login