Prusa i3 P802M
December 16, 2018 02:04PM
I know very little about this. I have owned it for a few years now and had problems when I used up the original filament. I decided to trouble shoot it and have no idea what I am doing. smiling smiley The extruder is not feeding the filament. I ran FLA through it first and am now trying to run ABS. What I know:
1. Printing a file does not turn on the extruder
2. Preheating the extruder heats up the head
3. Preheating the extruder then printing a file turns off the extruder
4. I never see any movement on the filament when it is printing
5. The extruder stepper motor works fine when manual controlled on another axis

The file I am testing is one that I printed before. It may be that I have completely forgot how to use it or I am doing something wrong that is turning off the extruder.

TIA
Re: Prusa i3 P802M
December 16, 2018 02:10PM
What temperature are you trying to print the ABS, it should be between 210-250 C with a bed temp of 100C

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
December 16, 2018 02:34PM
The controller sets it to 240 C and it shows it goes from 20 C to 240 C. When I start the print then it is set to 0 C. I can turn it back on by selecting to preheat it again.

Edit: Fixed Typo

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/16/2018 02:37PM by LarsWulfe.
December 16, 2018 05:05PM
Why would the Nozzle go to Zero when you start to print.

On my 3D Printer when the Hot-end heater stops it takes a long time to drop to 20C. Unless you are talking about the Set temperature not the actual hot-end temperature.
Now when my thermister is open it changes to -14C, though on some 3D Printers the temperature does go to 0C with an open connection on the thermister.

I would suspect that you may have a connection problem on your Hot-end thermister.
I would check the thermister connectors for secure connection.
You can wiggle the wires to see if a temperature reading returns, if this does not show an intermittent connection.
I would thoroughly inspect the wiring for an open connection or cold solder joint.

December 16, 2018 05:25PM
The temperature is set back to 0 C when the file starts to print. The printer still reads that the temp of the extruder is around 240. It really seems like something is turning off the extruder when it starts printing. The extruder will heat up find on preheat. I can verify that it is indeed hitting the temp with a secondary probe if need be.

I didn't mention it but perhaps the printer is aware of it. I have a loose wire on the hotbed so it is not heating up. I don't know how much the firmware is aware of all of the parts so would that cause it to turn off the extruder? The hotbed is an easy fix when I find my wire strippers which might not be an easy task.
December 16, 2018 06:43PM
Well let's see if we can find what is causing this to happen.

Which Slicer are you using for this project.
What are the basic slicer settings.
Post your Startup G-Code Setting.

Post your G-Code for the Model you are printing.
Only need up to the start of the actual filament extrusion.

December 18, 2018 07:08AM
Dry run mode ?
December 18, 2018 05:29PM
It was the fact that the bed was disconnected and a piece of filament in the extruder. So I made progress until I screwed it up again. How do I know which nozzle I need?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login