Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Gt2560 problem

Posted by zurferjoe 
Gt2560 problem
March 24, 2019 11:41AM
Hi folks , hope you can help .I have had to replace my GT2560 mainboard as the old plugin socket broke up .So I have to reload the firmware onto a new board ,think Ive done it ! BUT ! The screen has just squares and I am getting a peeping noise coming out of the printer when switched on . Also even though the printer was not was not switched on the hot end temprature shows 135 degrees.Wiring looks ok , I have done all this before with no problem .thank you .
Re: Gt2560 problem
March 24, 2019 12:33PM
Can the GT2560 main-board plugin socket be replaced, It would seem like the easiest solution.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
March 25, 2019 05:16AM
I think I will have to ! Thanks for the reminder !!
March 26, 2019 12:25PM
Ok got it diagnosed , and the plug cant be replaced due to inner damage to board . Have replaced the board with a excat copy of the original GT 2560 Geeetech i3 clone , Marlind it up all works , kinda ! But the LCD screen just shows squares ! Had this before , cant think what the hell I did then ! Any clues ?
March 26, 2019 12:59PM
On my 3D Printer I purchased a new LCD it was a clone and the keyed connector was installed backwards because the silk screen was printed backwards.
So in order for me to fix I inverted the connector, after proving that was in fact the case I purchased parts and made a new cable to specs.

Computer Programmer / Electronics Technician
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login