Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MK2 Hybrid

Posted by cevans9921 
MK2 Hybrid
May 21, 2019 02:16PM
Basically I have a MK2 built on a MK3 frame. I'm using Rambo mini 1.3 I have prusa mk2 firmware installed but my problem is that during XYZ calibration my X carriage hits the X axis idler end during calibration. I have tried setting the X_MAX_POS to 190 instead of 250 in the configuration_prusa.h file but it does not change my X axis max distance.Is there some where I'm missing? Or is there some thing else im missing? I cant complete with XYZ calibration until this junk works right.

When I do a "self test" on my MK2 every thing checks out OK.

This is a self built prusa i3 MK2 i am using all parts spec'd to a real MK2/MK3
Re: MK2 Hybrid
May 21, 2019 02:30PM
Here is a video of my problem, the video started just after I raise the z axis all the way to the top.

[youtu.be]
May 22, 2019 06:16AM
What type of bed are you running on this machine? mk42 or mk52?

That XYZ calibration does not look correct. (take a look at [www.youtube.com])

The first point it tests the probe should be near the middle front of the bed, yours is far to far right...
what pullly sizes and belt type did you use? perhaps you need to adjust your steps/mm
May 22, 2019 08:42PM
I’m using the MK52 12v version. I’ll try changing steps per mm and see if that does any thing.
May 22, 2019 08:44PM
I forgot what Pulls I’m using I bought them years ago. Standard RepRap pulleys but I don’t remember the tooth count. I’ll have to count them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/22/2019 08:44PM by cevans9921.
May 22, 2019 09:20PM
you can just use the old trick and just measure the distance traveled

home X, tell it to move 100mm, measure how far it moved

Math:
100/distance_measured * your current X steps/mm = new X steps/mm

once 100mm looks good, do 200mm to check.
May 22, 2019 10:56PM
you know, I really should have thought about that my self. I guess the 6-7 hours I spent getting it together and then fiddelling with it must have really put a working on my brain haha. I really appreciate the help. I havnt adjusted to see if it will pass the calibration test yet but 50mm move got me around 70mm real time.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login